When a pharmaceutical company conducted a survey among parents regarding hay fever in children, it was found that over 40% of children under the age of 16 had symptoms that appeared to be hay fever.

This is an increase of approximately 10 points compared to a similar survey conducted 10 years ago.

This survey was conducted by Rohto Pharmaceutical in January via the Internet targeting parents of children between the ages of 0 and 16, and received responses from 7,131 people.

According to the results, 21.8% of people answered that their child had been diagnosed with hay fever, and 20.8% answered that they thought it was hay fever, for a total of 42.6%. The respondents said they had symptoms that appeared to be hay fever or hay fever.

In a similar survey conducted 10 years ago, it was 32.7%, which was an increase of 9.9 points this time.

Additionally, among the elementary school students, 47.4% had hay fever or symptoms that appeared to be hay fever, or about half of them.

Commenting on the survey results, Professor Kimihiro Okubo of the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nippon Medical School School of Medicine, said, ``I think more children are becoming allergic due to changes in their environment, such as an increase in playing indoors.If they don't receive treatment, it will get worse every year.'' Therefore, if you experience symptoms such as touching your face or sneezing repeatedly, I would like you to go to a medical institution and get tested."