Enlarge image

Possible crime scene in the forest


Jason Cheplyakov / dpa

A few days after the alleged strangulation attack of a 15-year-old in Ulm, his girlfriend of the same age died in a hospital on New Year's Day. The teenager died in the morning, said a police spokesman. Previously, the Südwestrundfunk (SWR) had reported on it. Investigators had described the 15-year-old's condition as "extremely critical" all along.

According to police and prosecutors, the 15-year-old had dialed the emergency number shortly before midnight on Wednesday and announced that he had killed his girlfriend. The lifeless teenager was found during a search operation in a forest in the Wiblingen district. According to the prosecutor's office, she was able to be resuscitated. Rescue workers took the 15-year-old to a hospital.

More on this topic

  • Violent crime in Ulm: 15-year-old is said to have tried to strangle girlfriend

  • Ex-policeman on youth violence:»The children lacked time, tenderness and affection«An interview by Lisa Duhm

  • New Year's Eve riots in Berlin-Neukölln 2022:The children from the SonnencenterA report by Özlem Gezer

According to the statement, the police had arrested the suspect near the scene of the crime. He did not offer any resistance. According to information on Friday, he had not commented on the crime until then. There is only the information from the emergency call, a spokeswoman for the public prosecutor's office had explained. Accordingly, the teenager did not name a motive in it. "The background is still completely open," she said.

Teenagers' mobile phones are being evaluated

It is also unclear whether the young people met in the forest or went there together. The environment of the two was to be questioned, mobile phones were to be evaluated.

He was remanded in custody in a prison on suspicion of attempted manslaughter. The public prosecutor's office has to decide on how to proceed, said the police spokesman. Further information on this is not expected until Tuesday at the earliest.