On the 6th, a 2-year-old suspect was arrested after a car crashed into two places such as the Ibaraki Prefecture government office, and the suspect's mother, who was in the car at the time of the incident in Hitachi City, gave an explanation to the effect that "I tried to stop the incident, but I couldn't stop it."

Before 6 p.m. on the 1th, a black car rammed into the square in front of the city hall in Hitachi City, Ibaraki Prefecture, and a woman in her 40s was seriously injured with broken bones, and two men in their 20s and 30s were slightly injured.

About 2 minutes later, at around 30:1 p.m., a white passenger car crashed into the main entrance of the Tokai Village Office, about 16 kilometers away, and the suspect Yasushi Mashiko (53) of Hitachi City, who was driving the car, was arrested on suspicion of damaging the structure.

According to the police, he admitted to the charges in response to the investigation and made a statement that "I did both of the cases, and I had a grudge against the Tokai Village Office and Hitachi City Hall."

According to the investigation so far, a car in the name of the mother was used in the case of Hitachi City, and the suspect's mother was also riding with it, but in the subsequent interview with the person involved in the investigation, the mother tried to stop the incident, but it was found that she gave an explanation to the effect that it could not be stopped.

The suspect is believed to have left his mother behind after the incident in Hitachi City and switched to another white car and headed to the Tokai Village Office.

The police are investigating the motive and the steps before and after the incident by interviewing the mother.

Hitachi City Hall Staff clean up from morning

At the site of Hitachi City Hall, there were still fragments of cars and vegetable scraps from the event, and staff had been cleaning up since the morning of the 7th.

A man in his 3s who works at a welfare facility that opened a stall in the square three days ago said, "I was very surprised to see it on the news, and I am very scared because I could have been involved. I would like the city to take measures to prevent this from happening."

According to the city, in response to the incident, the event scheduled for the 60th in the square has been canceled, and measures to prevent cars from entering the square will be considered.

In addition, at the city council meeting held on the 8th, the mayor of Hitachi City, Haruki Ogawa, said, "Many participants were exposed to fear and it is unforgivable.

Tokai Village Office Police confiscate car

At the Tokai Village Office, the police moved the car that crashed into the main entrance of the town hall from the building and confiscated it.

The car was left at the town hall, but at around 7 a.m. on the 9th, police officers and tow trucks gathered at the town hall and began the work of moving the car.

After about an hour of work such as removing the front door was carried out, a car covered with a gray sheet was pulled out by a tow truck at around 1:10 a.m.

Then, just before 11 a.m., the car was towed by a tow truck and left the town hall.

The police will confiscate the car and investigate in detail what route it took.

Tokai Village Office Even if the window business resumes, the main entrance cannot be used

The Tokai Village Office was temporarily closed on the 6th, but resumed counter operations on the morning of the 7th.

On the other hand, the police have confiscated cars, and the main entrance is not accessible due to police regulations, and some elevators are unusable.

The village has temporarily set up a general information window at the main entrance near another entrance, and all window operations are being carried out as usual.

The village said, "We don't know if the main entrance will be usable, but we want to restore it as soon as possible.

A woman in her 30s who visited the town hall said, "I came to get a resident card today and was treated as usual.

A man in his 70s said, "There was no upset in the government building, and even if there was a grudge, it was unthinkable to destroy a public facility."