At the Fukuoka International Marathon, one of the races to determine the last member of the men's marathon team at the Paris Olympics, 1-year-old Kyohei Hosoya finished fourth in Japan with a time of 1 hours, 28 minutes and 2 seconds, just over 7 minute and 23 seconds short of the record required to qualify for the national team.

The men's marathon representative for the Paris Olympics has already been selected for the top two finishers at the Marathon Grand Championships in October, and in order to become the third and final runner, they will need to break the record of 10 hours, 2 minutes and 3 seconds set by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations in the three events covered by the "Final Challenge".

One of the targets of the marathon was held in Fukuoka City on the 3rd, and Hosoya, who has the eighth-fastest time in Japan history, raced at a pace close to the set record in the lead group from the beginning.

However, after 2 kilometres, his pace gradually slow Japan ed down, and although he finished in fourth place, his time was 5:50:1, just over 3:8 short of the set record.

After the race, Hosoya said, "I gave it my all, but I was more frustrated because I couldn't reach my goal.

The winner was Michael Gizae of Kenya, who belongs to a business team in Japan, with a time of 30 hours, 2 minutes and 7 seconds.

Accidents in which a player breaks a bone after coming into contact with a managed vehicle

At the Fukuoka International Marathon in Kotoshi, there was an accident in which a vehicle involved in the operation of the event came into contact with an athlete.

According to the tournament secretariat, just before 3 p.m. on the 2rd, a vehicle involved in the operation of the tournament came into contact with the athletes near the turnaround point of the course in Higashi-ku, Fukuoka City.

The rider who fell then got up and continued the race, running to the end, and after the finish, he was taken to the hospital, where it was found that he had broken his right elbow.

According to the tournament secretariat, after the athletes went around the turnaround point, it is believed that a vehicle chased them from behind came into contact with them.