Barcelona need a win tonight at home to Porto to put a foot in the price of the Champions League final (Getty Images)
The wheel of the Champions League is back in motion tonight after the international break, and 6 teams have ensured – so far – their qualification to the final price, other teams have approached, and a third category – such as Barcelona – enters into complicated calculations if they do not win on Tuesday.
And booked 6 clubs card to the price of the final are Bayern Munich German (Group A), Real Madrid (third), Inter and Real Sociedad (fourth) and defending champions Manchester City and Leipzig German (seventh).
Barcelona do not want to remember the past two seasons when they left the continental competition from the group stage, and moved to the Europa League, but scenarios suggest that the fate of Barcelona is in their hands, but they have to deal with the decline in their form in the league and the continental championship recently.
Barcelona lost in the last round of the Champions League to Ukrainian Shakhtar with a clean goal, and snatched a difficult draw from Rayo Vallecano 1-1 in LaLiga, meaning that tonight's match comes in difficult conditions for coach Xavi's men.
If Barca wants to overcome all complications and scenarios, they must win at home to Porto tonight to ensure them top of Group H and if the Ukrainian team does not beat Antwerp Belgian will qualify directly to the final price for the first time after two seasons of failure.
But in the event of a loss to Porto and Shakhtar beat Antwerp, the two teams qualified from the group will be determined to the last round of the group stage and there the scenarios and calculations begin in the last round.
- Porto raise their tally to 12 points as group leaders, and ensure their qualification to the final price.
- Barcelona and Shakhtar each have 9 points.
- If Barcelona beat Antwerp, Shakhtar and Porto, there will be 3 teams with 12 points.
- Because each of the three teams has 6 points from beating each other, the head-to-head standard becomes useless.
- The criterion of goal difference in direct confrontations is what applies and therefore Barcelona must not lose by two goals or the Ukrainian team will qualify with the criterion that it has scored more goals than Barca.
Source : Websites