China News Service, February 28 (Xinhua) The Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council held a regular press conference on the 28th. Taiwan Affairs Office spokesperson Zhu Fenglian answered reporters' questions on recent cross-strait hot issues.

  A reporter asked: The joint admissions for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan in mainland universities in 2024 have been officially launched a few days ago. In what ways can Taiwanese students register?

File photo of Zhu Fenglian, spokesperson of the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council.

Photo by China News Service reporter Zhang Yu

  In this regard, Zhu Fenglian said that this year's registration process for mainland universities to recruit high school graduates from Taiwan will start on March 1.

Taiwanese students can participate through three channels.

The first is to participate in the joint examination for general universities to recruit overseas Chinese students from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.

This year’s exam registration period is from March 1 to 15. Taiwan high school graduates can log on to the National Joint Admissions Management System candidate website ( to register.

The second is to apply for mainland universities based on the results of Taiwan's "Academic Test", "Unified Test" or "Subject Test". Candidates for the "Academic Test" can log in to mainland universities from March 1 to 15 this year and enroll in Taiwan based on their academic test scores. High school graduates system website (, apply for 423 universities in mainland China.

Candidates for the "unified test" can apply for 28 colleges and universities in Fujian Province, and candidates for the "subject test" can apply for 10 undergraduate universities in Fujian including Xiamen University.

The third is to participate in separate admissions programs in Taiwan from Jinan University, Huaqiao University and eight universities in Fujian.

Please pay attention to the official website of the relevant university for specific enrollment information and time.

  Zhu Fenglian pointed out that in addition, Taiwanese compatriots who want to study for master's and doctoral degrees in mainland universities can log on to the admissions information website of mainland universities for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan ( to learn about application information and register for the postgraduate admissions examination for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. .