play videoplay video
Video duration 01 minutes 52 seconds 01:52
On the 61st day of the Israeli aggression on Gaza, the Palestinian resistance inflicted more losses on the occupation army in clashes in various axes of the Strip, while Israeli aircraft continued its raids on various locations in the Strip, causing dozens of martyrs, including 22 members of the family of Al-Jazeera correspondent in Gaza, Moamen Al-Sharafi.
Al Jazeera correspondent mourns his family
The parents of colleague Moamen Al-Sharafi, Al-Jazeera's correspondent in the Gaza Strip, as well as a number of his brothers, were killed in Israeli shelling on the Jabalia refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip.
Al Jazeera Media Network condemned the attack, and called for holding the Israeli army accountable for its crimes committed daily against journalists and innocent civilians in the Gaza Strip, and stressed that it will take appropriate legal measures before the competent authorities to hold those responsible for the crime accountable, and urged the international community and press defense organizations to work to put an end to these massacres as quickly as possible and achieve justice for the families of the martyrs and the injured innocent.
New Casualties for Israelis
The Israeli army announced the death of an officer in battles in the northern Gaza Strip, bringing the death toll of soldiers and officers to 10 in 24 hours.
Al-Qassam Brigades confirmed that it targeted on Wednesday about 20 vehicles of the Israeli occupation army, and detonated explosive devices at soldiers during battles with the occupation forces in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip and in Beit Lahia in the north.
Al Jazeera obtained footage of al-Qassam engaged in zero-distance confrontations, directly targeting Israeli forces in Shejaiya and destroying tanks, personnel carriers and bulldozers.
On the other hand, the heavy airstrikes carried out by the Israeli army aircraft spread to Gaza City and Nuseirat in the center and Rafah and Khan Yunis in the south.
Hamas deceived Israel
The Washington Post quoted an Israeli security officer as saying that military intelligence had gathered evidence of a large-scale attack that Hamas had been preparing for a year.
The source explained that Israel received intelligence last August about an imminent Hamas attack, and the Israeli military believed it had stopped the group's plans, but it turned out to be a deception.
Israeli meeting hours before Al-Aqsa flood
Haaretz reported that senior army commanders held urgent consultations the night before October 7 about a possible Hamas attack. She said the army did not evacuate the Nova music festival despite intelligence warnings about a Hamas attack.
The newspaper confirmed that participants in the Defense Ministry meeting concluded that Hamas was conducting training on the Gaza border and was not preparing for an attack.
Possible settlement between Lebanon and Israel
Yedioth Ahronoth quoted Israeli officials as saying that the United States was studying the possibility of reaching a settlement between Lebanon and Israel over the border.
The US envoy to Lebanon is working to conclude an agreement to reduce the possibility of escalation and "permanently remove Hizbullah from the border", she said.
This came a day after the killing of the first soldier in the Lebanese army since the beginning of the Israeli war on Gaza, and Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdullah Bou Habib announced a complaint to the Security Council over Israel's targeting of the Lebanese army.
American predictions of the outcome of the war
The White House said U.S. officials have spoken to their Israeli counterparts several times about the future of the Gaza Strip, but Washington still does not know how the territory will be governed after the war.
On the other hand, CNN quoted officials in the administration of US President Joe Biden that they expect the continuation of the Israeli ground operation in the southern Gaza Strip until next January, before Israel targets Hamas leaders narrowly, as they put it.
200 aircraft loaded with weapons for Israel
Israel announced the receipt of 10,200 tons of weapons and equipment since the beginning of the war, and explained that it received the <>th plane loaded with American equipment, weapons and armored vehicles, as part of the airlift since the beginning of the war.
An unprecedented message to Guterres
UN Secretary-General António Guterres has sent an unprecedented message to the Security Council on the Israeli war on the Gaza Strip, warning of its dangers globally and warning that public order in the Strip is about to collapse completely.
The Secretary-General relied on the rarely used Article 99 of the United Nations Constituent Charter, which authorizes him to "bring to the attention of the Security Council any matter which, in his opinion, may threaten the protection of international peace and security".
This is the first time Guterres has used the substance since taking office in 2017: "We face a serious risk of the collapse of the humanitarian system. The situation is rapidly deteriorating towards a catastrophe that could have irreversible consequences for the Palestinians and for peace and security in the region."
Gaza is one of the most dangerous places in the world
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) said that another wave of displacement is taking place in Gaza and the situation is getting worse every minute, and UNRWA stressed that the entire Gaza Strip has become one of the most dangerous places in the world and there is no safe zone.
The United Nations said on Wednesday that about 85 percent of the population of the Gaza Strip had become displaced by Israel's continued attacks for a third month.
The World Food Programme (WFP) urgently called for a humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza, saying the distribution of aid in the Strip had become almost impossible and put the lives of humanitarian workers at risk.
Source : Al Jazeera + Agencies