China News Agency, Moscow, September 28 (Reporter Tian Bing) The General Prosecutor's Office of the Russian Federation said on the 28th that it has filed a criminal case for "international terrorism" suspected of sabotaging the "North Stream" natural gas pipeline, and the Russian Federal Security Service accordingly Conduct a preliminary investigation.
The Russian Federation Prosecutor's Office issued a statement on the same day that it had taken measures in response to the destruction of the "Nord Stream-1" and "North Stream-2" natural gas pipelines.
No later than September 26, the deliberate sabotage of the "Nord Stream-1" and "Nord Stream-2" natural gas pipelines laid along the seabed of the Baltic Sea occurred in the area of Burnholm Island, causing significant economic losses to Russia .
According to the relevant provisions of the Criminal Law, the investigation department of the Russian Federal Security Service launched a preliminary investigation into the criminal case of suspected international terrorism related to the "Nord Stream" natural gas pipeline provided by the Russian General Prosecutor's Office.
Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov said on the 28th that a series of unfounded speculations accusing Russia of being the mastermind behind the "North Stream" incident are stupid and absurd, and the Russian side will insist on requiring Gazprom to participate in the relevant investigation.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Glushko said on the same day that Russia intends to consider conducting a joint investigation into the "North Stream" incident if European countries request it, but Russia has not received similar information so far.
Sweden's investigation into the gas pipeline leak has now been transferred to the country's security services.
The Swedish Security Service said in a statement on the 28th that the Swedish police conducted a preliminary investigation into the case under the guidance of the prosecutor's office.
The Swedish Security Service has taken over the investigation as the case could be aimed at the country's interests.
The statement also pointed out that "foreign forces" were not ruled out as being behind the incident.
According to another report, the head of the Danish Energy Agency said on the same day that most of the natural gas stored in the pipelines has leaked due to the incidents of the two "North Stream-1" and "North Stream-2" pipelines, and the remaining natural gas is expected to be released in the next week. Day (October 2) emptying.
He also said that the Danish police have launched an investigation into the incident.
The Nord Stream AG, the operator of the Russian "Nord Stream-1" project, issued a statement on the 27th saying that three pipelines of the "Nord Stream-1" and "Nord Stream-2" natural gas pipelines were damaged within a few hours on the 26th. "Unprecedented", "The sharp drop in pressure recorded yesterday has convinced us that the leak in the gas pipeline was caused by physical damage."
The Swedish measuring station detected two strong underwater explosions on the 26th in the waters where the "Nord Stream-1" and "North Stream-2" natural gas pipelines leaked.
The Danish Energy Agency confirmed on the 27th that a leak was found in the "Nord Stream-2" pipeline in the waters near Denmark on the 26th, and then two leak points were found in the "Nord Stream-1" pipeline, located in the waters near Denmark and Sweden.
At present, the Swedish and Danish maritime authorities have established a 5-nautical-mile safety zone around the incident site.