Europe 1 with AFP // photo credit: Kenzo TRIBOUILLARD / AFP 18:50 p.m., August 14, 2023Two false bomb threats near the Eiffel Tower caused his evacuation last Saturday, leading to the opening of an investigation according to the Paris prosecutor's office. These false alarms were made on the site of a very popular forum and on that of the police station that allows Internet users to contact the police.
An investigation was opened in Paris after two false bomb threats on Saturday that caused two evacuations of the Eiffel Tower on the same day, said Monday the prosecutor's office contacted by AFP. According to the Public Prosecutor's Office, it is "quite usual to open an investigation after false bomb threats, which unfortunately occur frequently" and can target historical monuments or schools, airports...
The investigations were entrusted to the police station of the 7th arrondissement of Paris, for threats of crimes against people and for disclosure of false information "in order to make believe that a dangerous destruction for people will be or has been committed," said the prosecutor, confirming information from the daily Le Parisien. These offences are punishable by two years' imprisonment and a fine of 30,000 euros.
>> READ ALSO - Reopening of the Eiffel Tower: "We can't wait to welcome our visitors again this afternoon"
Evacuations of the Eiffel Tower
The Pharos reporting platform, attached to the judicial police, "reported two false bomb threats that led to evacuations of the Eiffel Tower on Saturday," the prosecutor's office said Monday. These false alarms were made on the site of a very popular forum and on that of the police station that allows Internet users to contact the police.
The Eiffel Tower, the French capital's most iconic landmark, welcomed more than 5.8 million visitors last year.