Europe 1 13:11, 03 June 2023
A chef comes to make the dish of the day for the guest in each episode. This week, it is the chef Sadia Hessabi, caterer in Lyon under the name of Kaboulyon, who comes to make the "dish of the day". On the menu of Afghan ravioli: mantus. Sadia Hessabi participates in the positive and virtuous culinary festival: the refugee food festival. It begins on June 6 and ends on June 26 in 13 cities of France. The recipe can be found on Europe1.fr.
For 80 Mantus
- 1 kg ground beef
- 3 large chopped onions + 1 coarsely chopped
- Pepper and salt
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 large tbsp tomato paste
- 10 sprigs of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 packs of Chinese dumpling dough
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 bowl yogurt sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- Hot pepper (optional)
Cooking the stuffing:
- Put the minced meat in a non-stick pan over high heat for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add 1 and 1/2 spoons of garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, fresh ground cilantro, a little chili pepper and a small glass of water.
- Cook over medium heat for 20/30 minutes, until water is fully absorbed.
- Let the meat cool, add the 3 chopped onions and mix, the stuffing is ready!
You need to have a bowl of water and a bowl of oil nearby.
Take the ravioli dough, put a little stuffing in the middle, moisten the 4 corners of the dough with water, bring the 4 corners in the middle and seal well (it makes small packages), you can give other shapes! It takes patience!
As the Mantus are made, the base must be soaked in oil before putting them in the steamer basket, to prevent them from sticking together.
Steam for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the sauce: put the remaining onion in a pan with a little oil and brown.
- Add the carrots, tomato paste, salt, garlic and a full glass of water, cover and cook until the carrots are cooked.
- Prepare the yogurt sauce with 3 pots of plain yogurt, garlic powder, dried mint and salt.
- For serving: Spread yogurt sauce on a plate or dish, gently put the Mantous, put back yogurt sauce and finish with tomato sauce and carrots.