At the site, preparations such as connecting a work boat to a wire have been completed for the hull that fell while being lifted from the seabed and carried in the accident where a sightseeing boat sank off the Shiretoko Peninsula in Hokkaido.

Work is expected to lift the hull again in the afternoon.

In the accident where the sightseeing boat "KAZU 1" sank off the coast of the Shiretoko Peninsula, the hull was lifted from the seabed at a depth of about 120 meters by a salvage company's work boat and fell while being carried underwater on the 24th. Did.

The fallen hull was confirmed at a depth of 182 meters off Utoro in Shari Town, and on the 25th, the salvage company reattached the belt to the hull using an underwater robot.

According to the 1st Regional Coast Guard Headquarters, preparatory work such as connecting the winch of the work ship and the hull of the seabed with a wire was carried out from the morning on the 26th, and it ended after 10:30 am.

With the expectation that the hull will be lifted again, it will be lifted to the surface of the sea and fixed next to the work boat.

After that, we plan to move to the shallow waters off Utoro and lift it onto a workboat.

If the work goes smoothly, the hull is expected to be transported to Abashiri Port as early as 27th, drained from the inside of the ship, and then unloaded.

The work schedule after lifting again

The hull is sunk about 32 km southwest of the site of the sunken accident and about 11 km west of Utoro Port in Shari Town.

The salvage company's work boat will carry out preparatory work such as connecting the belt hung on the hull and the equipment for lifting on the morning of the 26th.

Then, in the afternoon, lift the hull to the surface of the sea, lay it next to the workboat, and secure it with a rope.

When the hull fell, it was fixed in a state of being suspended in the sea at a depth of about 20 meters, but this time we changed the method to prevent it from falling.

The workboat then carries the hull to the shallow waters, about 7 km south, closer to the land side, and unloads the anchors.

When the hull fell, we planned to carry it to shallow waters for more than 50 kilometers, but this time we shortened the carrying distance to reduce the risk of falling.

Then, the crane of the work ship is used to lift the hull onto the work ship.

The 1st Regional Coast Guard Headquarters has a policy to complete the withdrawal of the hull by the end of the 26th.

The workboat that lifted the hull is expected to arrive at Abashiri Port, which is about 45 km west, for landing, and if the work goes smoothly, it will arrive on the morning of the 27th.

I don't know how long it will take to drain the hull needed for landing, but it will be landed at Abashiri Port after it is ready.