In December last year, a clinic entering a building in Kita-ku, Osaka was set on fire, killing 26 people involved, and police are planning to send documents to the suspect who died on the 16th on suspicion of murder and arson.

The suspect died and the investigation ended without the detailed motive of the case being identified.

On December 17, last year, 26 people involved were killed in an arson incident at a psychosomatic medicine clinic on the 4th floor of a building in Kita-ku, Osaka.

Police have investigated Morio Tanimoto (61 at the time), who died in the incident, on suspicion of murder and arson, apart from 26 people.

According to police, the clinic's security camera showed the whole story of the suspect sprinkling gasoline, igniting it, and burning it, and the smartphone had a description of preparations for the incident, such as a preview of the scene. ..

For this reason, it seems that the incident was caused with a strong murderous intention after planning in advance, but no trouble was found with the clinic.

He also said that he could not find anyone with whom he had been friends for several years before the incident, and his account balance was zero.

For this reason, police are planning to send documents on suspicion of murder and arson on the 16th, considering that Tanimoto was isolated from society and was in financial distress and attempted suicide with many unrelated people involved. ..

The suspect was transported with cardiopulmonary arrest and died without being interrogated and is expected to be prosecuted in the future.

The investigation will end without the detailed motive of the case being identified.

The bereaved family of the clinic director

A 45-year-old woman who is the sister of Kotaro Nishizawa (49 at the time), the director of the clinic who died in the incident, responded to the interview and said, "I understand that I do not have an older brother, but it seems that it is not a reality. I continue to feel like I'm dreaming. Sometimes I remember and cry when I happen to. "

She responded to NHK's interview this time because she wanted to help women to the victims' bereaved families and those who attended the clinic.

After the incident, when I sorted out Mr. Nishizawa's relics, I found a large number of memos that showed that I had attended many seminars and studied, and found that I was trying to help my patient. ..

She had never seen Mr. Nishizawa working in her lifetime, but she learned that she was loved by the people who attended the clinic after the incident.

About Mr. Nishizawa, he said, "There were many patients who wanted me to be alive, and after I died, I learned that I was so loved by patients. I really feel that I am not exhausted by doctors." Did.

Regarding Tanimoto's document inspection, "I don't feel anything because my brother isn't coming back anymore. I don't think about the motive because it's only speculative because I can't hear from him." I said.

She said, "Since the suspect was also a patient in the clinic, I think he might think that his brother couldn't be treated as a doctor."

It's been about three months since the incident, and now I'm worried about the victims' bereaved families and those who attended the clinic.

For this reason, he is participating in an online exchange meeting where patients from clinics gather, which was set up by an organization to support people with disabilities, and he hopes to help by listening closely to him in the future.

"I can't treat like my brother, but if someone is isolated in an incident, I want to be the same person, whether they're sick or have a disability," she said. I did.