The "Apple Store" hostage starring was revealed. The attacker is in serious condition

The Dutch authorities announced that the suspect involved in the holding of a hostage in the "Apple Store" in Amsterdam, where he requested 200 million euros in cryptocurrency, was taken to hospital with "serious injuries", and the authorities revealed the heroism of the hostage that led to the arrest of the attacker.

And the authorities confirmed in a press conference that people who were in the store hid in a closet without the suspect's knowledge, safe and in good health.

The "Apple Store" in Amsterdam will close on Wednesday and Thursday, while the other two Apple stores in the Netherlands, located in Haarlem and The Hague, will remain closed Wednesday, as announced on their website.

The hostage-taking has kept residents of the Leidsplein area, in central Amsterdam frequented by locals and tourists and home to many cafes, on alert for five hours.

On Tuesday, the Amsterdam police received a report about the possibility of an armed man attacking a store at about 17:30 (1630 GMT).

The first policemen who arrived at the scene were targeted with machine gun fire, as announced by the police chief.

It quickly became clear that the suspect (a 27-year-old man from the city) also carried a pistol, and photographs indicated that he might have been wearing an explosive vest.

Many people managed to leave the building, but the man immediately took one person hostage, a 44-year-old British client, according to local media.

The suspect demanded 200 million euros in digital currency in exchange for liberating the building, threatening to blow himself up.

And 70 people were evacuated from the building where the "Apple Store" is located, said police chief Frank Bow.

But four people were unable to leave the building and took refuge in a locker downstairs.

The plaza surrounding the store was quickly closed, as were cafes and theaters.

People who were present at the start of the hostage taking were asked to hide in cafes, according to police orders, while journalists were kept away from the scene.

The man being held hostage asked for water around 22:30 (21:30 GMT), in agreement with the police, and ran out of the building and ran after the attacker, who was followed by a security force vehicle. In seconds, he managed to open a loophole that ended the hostage-taking process."

The police examined the man lying in the street with a robot, and concluded that the suspect was not carrying explosives, and then transported him seriously injured to the hospital, and no information has been given since then about his health condition.

Investigations are still ongoing.

Follow our latest local and sports news and the latest political and economic developments via Google news