It has been 10 years since the murder of a female mother and grandmother who had been stalked in Saikai City, Nagasaki Prefecture, by a former dating partner.

Along with this, the female father commented, "I sometimes feel that the incident is weathering. Active and early intervention by the police and the government can prevent major damage, so I will continue to do so in the future. I want it. "

In the wake of the revision of the Stoker Control Law

On December 16, 2011, a female mother and grandmother who had been stalked in a house in Saikai City, Nagasaki Prefecture, were murdered.

Gota Tsutsui, a 37-year-old female former dating partner, was charged with murder and was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in 2016.

In this case, the police's response became a problem because women and fathers had consulted with the police in advance about stalking damage, which triggered the revision of the Stalker Control Law.

Ten years have passed since the incident on the 16th, and the female father made a comment through an agent.

In this, the father said, "As the days go by, some police officials do not know much about the incident, and sometimes I feel that the incident is weathering," he said.

On top of that, he said, "We can prevent major damage in advance by the active and early intervention of the police and the government, so I hope that we will continue to do so in the future."

Regarding this, the Nagasaki Prefectural Police Headquarters commented, "We consider this to be an incident that the police should never let go. We will continue to take measures to protect victims and their families as a whole."

Background of the incident

On December 16, 2011, a female mother and grandmother who had been stalked by a former dating partner died after being stabbed by a knife on the site of a house in Saikai City, Nagasaki Prefecture.

The day after the incident, a female former dating partner, Gota Tsutsui, was arrested in Kuwana City, Mie Prefecture, and was subsequently charged with murder and intimidation.

Tsutsui convict on death row pleaded not guilty in the trial, but both the first and second trials were sentenced to death.

In 2016, the Supreme Court dismissed the appeal and the death sentence was finalized.

Women and fathers who were stalked in this case consulted with police in Nagasaki Prefecture, where their parents'home was, Chiba Prefecture, where the woman lived, and Mie Prefecture, where the parents' home of a convict on death row was, and complained of the damage. I did.

However, due to lack of cooperation between the prefectural police, effective measures were not taken, and as a result, the female family was killed.

Similar case receiving law amendments

The police summarized the verification results for a series of responses, saying that the incident could not be prevented, and admitted that there was a lack of awareness of the crisis and a lack of coordination with the police involved.

After that, the law was amended in response to the similar incident.

In 2013, two years after the incident, the "Revised Stoker Regulation Law" was enacted.

As a result, not only the "victim's address" but also the police who have jurisdiction over the "perpetrator's address" can issue warnings against stalking.