On the first anniversary of the unblocking of Wuhan, reporters from the Beijing News returned to Wuhan to visit those who had witnessed it. The memory of the "war epidemic" is engraved in their hearts, and people regain their past lives.

  "The reactivated Wuhan will be better than before."

  Pang Yibing stepped on the shuttle bus for the fourth time and stepped on the accelerator pedal dozens of feet. The engine still didn't respond, and he finally gave up.

More than a year ago, this shuttle bus galloped back and forth near the Huoshenshan Hospital construction site, constantly pulling construction workers.

After Vulcan Mountain was shut down, the shuttle bus was inserted with a "characteristic cattle bone" advertising sign, as if knowing that he had fulfilled his mission and would not move anymore.

  On the day when Wuhan was closed, the citizen Hu Shouchun was in low-grade fever. Pang Yibing, the farmhouse owner, received calls from diners to unsubscribe the banquet. The delivery person Shang Liming witnessed the bustling second ring suddenly empty. Doctor He Ping felt that the epidemic was unclear and the future was uncertain.

  On the day when Wuhan was unblocked, Hu Shouchun was still in the ward, and freedom became within reach. He wanted to "run out like a dog and spread joy on the ground." He Ping's commuting road became congested again. For the first time, she felt that traffic jams were not bad. .

  The epidemic subsided, and in the aftermath of the new crown pneumonia, people cautiously regained their past lives.

  Half a month ago, He Ping met the medical staff who had returned to Wuhan to assist Hubei.

The isolation ward that once fought side by side has been opened normally, and everyone feels that they have had a big dream.

However, the WeChat group on the mobile phone and the patients who came to thank you specially proved that everything really happened.

  The cherry blossoms in spring are the best scenery in Wuhan. This cherry blossom season, people can finally enjoy the beauty again.

Wuhan is slowly coming back.

  Unforgettable memories of closing the city

  In the west campus of Wuhan Union Medical College Hospital, on the west side of the 12th floor is the Otorhinolaryngology Ward. At the end of the corridor is a balcony where patients’ clothes are dried.

From time to time, patients stretch their limbs here and look at the distant buildings.

  If it weren't for the white traces of repeated disinfection on the pager and the WeChat group still received daily greetings from COVID-19 patients, nurse Hu Juanjuan would think that last year's epidemic was a dream.

In the "dream", this ward is strictly enclosed and can only be entered with three levels of protection.

Hundreds of COVID-19 patients have been hospitalized here. They cannot leave the ward and wander around in the corridor. They often stand inside the door and look out through the glass windows.

  From the outside, the ruddy-faced, lively and talkative Hu Shouchun is not at all like a person who has returned from a ghost gate.

There was a lot of light rain in Wuhan in April, and Hu Shouchun was too lazy to take an umbrella when he went out.

This 65-year-old from Wuhan was the last batch of patients discharged from the hospital in the West Hospital of Xiehe District. A stack of chest radiographs, laboratory tests, and hospital admissions were kept in his home.

  On January 23, 2020, the Hubei Provincial New Crown Pneumonia Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters issued a notice to suspend passenger flights, passenger trains, passenger cars, and passenger ships in and out of Wuhan.

This lively city with a thoroughfare in nine provinces was closed for the first time, and all energy was invested in response to the epidemic.

  Hu Shouchun's symptoms were before and after the Wuhan lockdown.

But at the time he didn't take his condition to heart and felt that it was just a cold.

  Early in the morning when the city was closed, the taxi driver Yuanyi connected several orders.

There was a passenger who was going to Wuchang Station to take a train, but in fact the trains and planes had been suspended, and even if they arrived, they could not get out.

Another passenger was riding on a shared bicycle. When he saw Lao Yuan, he threw down the bicycle and rushed over, begging him to send himself away.

  The delivery person Shang Liming found that the second ring road suddenly became quiet.

Near the distribution point where he is located are the two most famous hospitals in Wuhan, Tongji and Xiehe. Opposite the hospitals is the busiest commercial plaza. In the past, there was always a lot of traffic, and it has never been so deserted.

The restaurants on the streets and alleys were closed, and for a long time after that day, he was not able to be out too early.

  The low-grade fever persisted for many days. On January 27, 2020, Hu Shouchun finally went to the hospital.

He was quickly diagnosed with the new crown and entered the West Ward on the 12th floor.

  He hit 110 here 5 times, thinking that the doctors and nurses were going to murder himself, refused to wear masks, refused to cooperate with the diagnosis and treatment, even beat people, and even took off his clothes and ran outside-these were all the nurses told him afterwards. He was admitted to the hospital. I soon had hallucinations and then lost consciousness. The only thing I remember was that when I woke up from the ICU, I found two tubes deep in my throat. I had difficulty breathing and felt uncomfortable. I wanted to pull out the tube and get rid of it as soon as possible.

  The memory of this unprecedented "war epidemic" is still engraved in the hearts of the city and people.

  Designated hospital for temporary cameo

  As early as when the new coronary pneumonia was still "unexplained pneumonia", He Ping, the chief physician of the General Medical Department of Wuhan Union Medical College Hospital, had an encounter with it.

  On January 8, 2020, the first batch of 3 patients with "unexplained pneumonia" were admitted to the West Campus of Wuhan Union Medical College Hospital.

This is a general hospital with neither an infectious disease department nor an isolation ward. Due to lack of hardware conditions, 3 patients were transferred to Jinyintan Hospital.

  After participating in receiving the first batch of patients with new crowns in the hospital, more and more patients with new crowns appeared in He Ping's outpatients.

After another while, people began to avoid hospitals because they were afraid of being infected, and there were fewer outpatients.

In contrast, there are long queues in fever clinics.

  In order to digest the increasing number of new crown patients, Wuhan has added designated hospitals many times.

On January 25, 2020, the west campus of Wuhan Union Medical College Hospital was requisitioned, and the entire hospital was vacated to treat patients with new crowns.

  The rapid changes in the situation gave He Ping a chill. The unknown of the disease aggravated the confusion and anxiety. No one knew what kind of disease the new crown was and how to treat it.

  On January 27, 2020, the first support army's Beijing Aid to Hubei Medical Team arrived, dispelling some of He Ping's anxiety.

This team has assembled professional medical care for respiratory, critical illness, infection, etc. from many top three hospitals in Beijing, and many of them have witnessed the SARS epidemic.

After arriving in Han, he did not stop for a day, and made a field visit and issued a zoning reform plan. The first isolation ward was opened on the 29th. He Ping and doctors in Beijing entered the ward together to treat patients with new coronary pneumonia.

  At that time, all designated hospitals in Wuhan were experiencing such changes.

The National Health Commission has successively sent many batches of experts to Wuhan to guide the transformation of the ward and participate in the first-line treatment.

In just 4 days, more than 4,000 doctors and nurses from 30 medical teams from other provinces entered Wuhan to provide support.

  On one side is renovation, on the other is new construction.

After the city was closed, Wuhan decided to build two designated hospitals for the treatment of new coronary pneumonia in Huoshenshan and Leishenshan based on the experience of Beijing Xiaotangshan.

  The chef acts as a ferryman

  Pang Yibing's home is only 4 kilometers away from Huoshen Mountain, less than 10 minutes by car, he inadvertently broke into the construction site and became a ferryman.

  Pang Yibing is a native of Caidian. He has a good cooking skill and runs a farmhouse in his yard.

As the new year is approaching, he has received an order for 60 tables of banquets, and before closing down the city, he was busy hoarding ingredients.

  When I went shopping for vegetables, the owner of the market reminded me that the epidemic is so severe, and I still buy so many?

He thought to himself that the new year is about to pass, the marriage is to be concluded, and the meal is always to be eaten.

According to the original plan, I stocked 4 freezers of chicken, duck, fish, a car full of vegetables, and hundreds of catties of lotus root.

  As soon as the announcement of the closure of the city came out, a call for refunds came, and in a few days, the restaurant was not allowed to operate, and the cost of 30,000 or 40,000 ingredients was completely wiped out.

Pang Yibing was reluctant to watch the food rot, and planned to donate it to a nearby nursing home.

  When passing by the Huoshenshan construction site, Pang Yibing saw that in order to speed up the progress, Huoshenshan gathered hundreds of large machinery and thousands of foreign workers to work all night.

However, in order to avoid blocking the entrance to the construction site, workers can only park their cars at a bayonet two or three kilometers away and get in and out on foot.

Seeing the worker masters on the street, Pang Yibing felt tiring and delayed the progress, so he dumped the vegetables on the ferry car and began to transport the workers.

  The transportation space of the shuttle bus is less than 2 square meters, and at most 17 adult men are pulled at one time.

Running hundreds of times a day from morning to night, this second-hand car, which was bought back for 600 yuan, was unexpectedly upbeat and never dropped the chain once.

  During the repeated ferrying, Pang Yibing watched as Huoshen Mountain was built little by little, which was very different from what he imagined the high-rise compound would look like. He didn't go again after the consultation.

  During the lockdown period, Shang Liming drove through the streets every day.

  At first, Shang Liming didn’t pay much attention to the special packages: there were food and drink, masks, goggles and other medical items. The recipients filled in very general, including "white angel", "nurse sister", and "anything". Medical staff in need".

With the outbreak of the epidemic, there are more and more packages, sometimes accounting for 30% of the entire inventory. He reacted and took these love packages as key goods, giving priority to delivery every day.

  The materials are sent by individuals, private organizations, domestic and overseas. Sometimes he will call and ask for information, and sometimes he will receive a call from the sender asking him whether the materials have been delivered. His accent is very different.

Once again, a citizen of Zhengzhou, Henan Province heard his call from nowhere and offered to donate a batch of menstrual pants for women to Union Hospital. He helped match them up. The materials were packed in two large vehicles, worth more than 200,000 yuan.

  He had only seen this kind of thing in the news, and it really happened around him, and it felt incredible.

  In addition to delivering love packages to the hospital, he also delivers daily necessities to ordinary citizens, which can be delivered to the door of the house at first, and later to the downstairs of the community.

The delivery point is not well-staffed, and it has to be delivered at night to finish work. The shops on the street are closed. He relies on the self-heated rice delivered by the company.

During those two months, he barely had any contact with his parents who lived with him. Before entering the door, he sprayed his body up and down with disinfectant, and dared to take off the mask after he got into the room.

  He has lived in Wuhan for nearly 30 years, and the city is always in full swing. What he hears most is the noise of cars and people. In these two months, he suddenly heard the bird calls above the city.

  Crossing the uninhabited street

  He Ping's normal travel time from home to Xiehe West Campus is 1 hour and 20 minutes, and it only takes 20 minutes during the lockdown period.

Once, He Ping was driving while talking on the phone with a doctor from the Beijing medical team. He accidentally rushed through a red light, and again, there was no car and no one on the street.

  Not long after the ward was opened, 50 beds were filled.

In the first half of the month, most of the admitted patients were severely ill, and the conditions in the ward were also limited. There were deaths for several days, and they held a special case seminar.

The number of cases in Wuhan continued to increase. One day, 10 patients were discharged from the hospital during the day and 11 were admitted at night, and the doctors on duty were overwhelmed.

Zang Xuefeng, a doctor from the Beijing medical team, rushed to the rescue from the station.

The young man was very energetic without sleeping, stepping on the shared bicycle under his feet, humming "I am as free as the wind" in his mouth, and took a small video with his mobile phone, which made He Ping feel a little more relaxed.

  The follow-up of medical resources has alleviated the pressure of first approving designated hospitals.

Subsequently, Huoshenshan and Leishenshan successively admitted patients. Through the renovation of existing facilities, Wuhan added 14 shelter hospitals, diverting patients with milder conditions and gradually alleviating the phenomenon of people waiting for beds.

  After a period of treatment, the patient's condition gradually improved.

Hu Shouchun returned to the West District on the 12th floor after living in the ICU for nearly half a month. He was the patient with the most serious illness in the ward at that time.

He had a bad appetite, couldn't eat food, and couldn't drink nutrients. The director of the ward at the time, Ding Xinmin, frightened him and got the ICU intubation if he didn't drink--that was something he didn't want to kill.

After Ding Xinmin left, he interceded with the nurse and wanted to drink a bottle less. The nurse always stalled him and said after drinking the bottle.

Under this half-fierce and half-coaxing care, his condition gradually stabilized.

  In order for patients to get better soon, doctors and nurses tried their best.

Haircuts and baths for them, help them find their missing relatives, and bring them hot dried noodles, fruits, and spring flowers from the outside. A WeChat group has also been established in the ward, and doctors are there to answer questions for patients at any time.

  On the way to and from get off work, He Ping would pass several tall buildings. The huge electronic screen on the façade was marked with "Come on Wuhan" at the beginning. At that time, the epidemic situation was tense. She looked at the words with a heavy heart; later, More and more patients were discharged from the hospital, the ward gradually became empty, and the words on the screen changed to "Wuhan must win". She felt much more relaxed, and once parked the car in the middle of the road to take photos of the flowers blooming in the green belt. .

  With the control of the epidemic, Fangcang shelter hospitals were gradually closed, and Huoshenshan and Leishenshan were also shut down after sending the last batch of patients away.

On March 31 last year, He Ping sent away the Beijing medical team, looking forward to the warmth of spring in the coming year and the reunion of each other in Wuhan.

  On April 8, 2020, Wuhan was unblocked.

Hu Shouchun's desire for freedom reached its culmination, and he just wanted to "rush out of the ward like a dog and spend joy in the ground."

  Slow return

  The epidemic subsided, and the resumption of Wuhan was not completed overnight.

  Lao Yuan stayed at home honestly for more than two months. He was suffocated a long time ago, but he didn't get out of the car immediately after he was unblocked.

Old Xiao, who was with him, was more courageous and soon returned to work. However, there were few people on the streets, and the taxi could not draw a single passenger for fifty to sixty kilometers.

There are more people buying cars around him. Some people have scruples about public transportation, and some people cannot forget the fear and confusion when the city is closed. Having a car seems to have a little sense of security.

  Pang Yibing has been looking forward to unblocking, really unblocking, and not at ease in his heart. It wasn't until May that he did a city-wide nucleic acid test that he felt that the time was right to push away the roadblocks and open the store.

  In the aftermath of the new crown, people are extra cautious to regain their past lives.

  The last COVID-19 patient in the Concord West Campus was discharged from the hospital on April 28. He Ping's department opened on May 13, and it was only in June that the flow of people was restored.

Those patients whose conditions could not be delayed finally plucked up the courage to enter the hospital; there were also young people in their twenties who came to see the doctor. During the lockdown period, their unhealthy diet and anxious and depressive mood made them also contaminated with chronic diseases. .

  The diners had some intentions of retaliatory consumption, and Pang Yibing's business was briefly hot for a while.

After the venting of emotions was over, in June, the enthusiasm eased, there was less dine-in and fewer banquets.

Pang Yibing inserted the advertising sign with "Characteristic Cow Bones" into the shuttle bus, parked on the side of the road, and set up a night stall.

  Hu Shouchun, who wants to go out like a dog, even struggles to walk.

Illness and long-term bed rest caused him to lose weight from 150 jin to 120 jin, his muscles atrophy, and his legs look like two thin bamboo poles.

The most intense exercise he can do is to "turn over" himself in bed.

  Hu Shouchun was hospitalized for a hundred days and was the last batch of people discharged from Xiehe West Hospital.

The hospital bill stated that the medical expenses were as high as hundreds of thousands. Just seeing this figure, Hu Shouchun felt inexplicably guilty and felt that it had cost the country too much money.

  He added an oxygen generator, sphygmomanometer, and oximeter in his bedroom. He made a rehabilitation plan and finally recovered his normal activities. He traveled with his family in June last year.

  The brand of the epidemic

  In the streets and lanes of the city, between the tangible and the intangible, the new crown epidemic has left a unique mark.

  He Ping’s most frequent barbecue restaurant did not open for business until June. In order to save costs, only two people were left in the restaurant, including the owner.

Some shops survived, and some closed down, and the shops were sublet.

  Lao Xiao feels that Wuhan people don't like to play around anymore, and they don't go out unless necessary, and there are a lot fewer people taking taxis.

He has been a taxi driver for 20 years, and 2020 is the most sluggish year, and his income has dropped by half.

It wasn't until this spring that business recovered a bit.

  After the epidemic, Shang Liming became even busier.

He felt that people are more inclined to shop online. Due to the increase in business volume, the company has added new delivery points nearby and its staff has doubled.

  The whole Wuhan has become "healthy".

In the past, many elderly people were coaxed by their children to see a doctor. After the epidemic, more elderly people came to Heping's clinic on their own initiative.

Pang Yibing replaced the plastic bowls in the restaurant with paper bowls. He felt that paper bowls were healthier. He also rewrote a menu and removed wild rabbits and wild ducks.

Shang Liming found that more people buy mask disinfectant on a daily basis, which is unprecedented before the epidemic.

  Hu Shouchun likes to sing.

When I was happy, I sang "Night in the Outskirts of Moscow", and the sound broke at the end. It's better to have a loud voice before I fell ill.

He joked: "Before I could live 108 years old. With this disease, I can only live 107 years old."

  Huoshen Mountain has long been shut down, with fences erected on all sides, and the hospital is no longer visible from the outside. Pang Yibing originally hoped that it would be built as soon as possible, and now he hopes it will be demolished as soon as possible.

The son was full of curiosity about Huoshen Mountain. He drove the child across Zhiyinhu Avenue, pointing in the direction of Huoshen Mountain, while closing the windows tightly.

  After nearly a year, He Ping and Hu Juanjuan met their comrades-in-arms in Beijing on the west side of the 12th floor.

The ward that used to fight side by side has returned to its pre-epidemic appearance. The separation wall that was built overnight was torn down, and only the green traces remained on the ceiling. The hole in the ward that was made to expand the buffer zone was used by Hu Juanjuan. Two cabinets are blocked.

  Recalling the scene of the epidemic seems to be a big dream.

However, the WeChat group on the west side of the 12th floor of the phone, the familiar and unfamiliar ward in the past, and the patients who came here to bow and thank her, all proved that everything happened.

  Not all scars left by the epidemic in Wuhan.

  Wuhan's recovery was faster than Lao Xiao had imagined.

The once deserted food court has restored the crowds of the past. After the Spring Festival, there are more and more tourists.

The cherry blossoms in spring are the best scenery in Wuhan. This year, many people in Wuhan are not in a hurry to go out to admire the flowers. Instead, they “cede” Wuhan University and East Lake to the medical aid to Hubei who came from afar, thanking them for being the least in this city. Give a helping hand when you help.

  Shang Liming felt more powerful.

After going through such a round, he felt that he could deal with any difficulties in the future, and the reactivated Wuhan would be better than before.

  He Ping fell in love with the city.

She is from Huangmei, Hubei, and she left after she finished college in Wuhan.

She has never liked Wuhan. She feels that the people of Wuhan are short-tempered and the Wuhan dialect is not good. She can't speak it, and doesn't plan to learn it.

After experiencing an epidemic, she suddenly discovered that this gritty city is so cute. When chatting, she began to subconsciously add the prefix word with a sense of belonging before "Wuhan"——

  "We Wuhan."

  Beijing News reporter Dai Xuan