Sound equipment was seized from the property where one of the alleged organizers of the rave party was arrested.


Redon gendarmerie company

The judicial investigation continues after the rave party which brought together 2,500 people for New Year's Eve in disused hangars in Lieuron between Rennes and Redon.

Investigators are now seeking to identify the organizers of this illegal party organized in the midst of a health crisis.

Saturday afternoon, two 22-year-old individuals were arrested in Iffendic, west of Rennes, and placed in police custody.

One of them will be referred this Monday to the Rennes public prosecutor's office, the public prosecutor Philippe Astruc said in a statement on Sunday.

His phone was limited at the beginning of the afternoon on the scene of the rave

During his hearing, the young man would have declared to have been a simple participant of the party and to have been exceptionally authorized to mix by the organizers.

"His remarks denying any involvement as an organizer are contradicted in particular by the telephone elements with the sending to more than 1,000 people of the exact location of the rave party on Thursday December 31 at the end of the afternoon" , indicates the prosecutor, specifying also that the mobile phone of the suspect had limited to Lieuron on December 31 at the beginning of the afternoon at the time of the installation of the equipment.

Sound equipment was also seized from the property where the young man has parked his truck for several weeks.

"The investigations make it possible to indicate that he is not the only organizer of this free party", underlines Philippe Astruc, specifying that the investigation is continuing.

Judicial information will be opened

In this context, a criminal investigation must be opened Monday with an investigating judge in Rennes in order to identify in particular "the perpetrators of willful violence to which the gendarmes were victims during their initial intervention as well as the perpetrators of the destruction by fire of one of their vehicles ”.

The other seven people taken into police custody after the illegal party were released.

The second young man arrested Saturday in Iffendic will be prosecuted for use of narcotics.


"If it was to be done, we would do it again", says one of the organizers of the rave party


The ARS announces its recommendations to avoid contamination with the coronavirus after the rave party in Lieuron

  • Covid 19

  • Coronavirus

  • Rave

  • Reindeer

  • Investigation

  • Society