(Fighting New Coronary Pneumonia) 6 new confirmed cases in Hong Kong SAR government officials urge citizens to remember epidemic prevention measures
China News Service, Hong Kong, September 27 (Reporter Zhang Xiaoxi) The Health Protection Center of the Department of Health of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government announced on the 27th that as of 0:00 on the 27th, Hong Kong has newly confirmed 6 new cases of new coronary pneumonia, 5 of which are imported cases, 1 Cases are locally confirmed cases without source.
The Chief Secretary for Administration of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government Zhang Jianzong wrote an article on the same day, calling for the National Day and Mid-Autumn Festival to be long holidays, and the public should remember to take preventive measures while celebrating the festive season.
At a briefing on the latest situation of new coronary pneumonia cases held in the afternoon of the same day, Zhang Zhujun, director of the Infectious Diseases Division of the Center for Health Protection of the Department of Health, introduced that of the 6 new confirmed cases, 5 had been outside the country during the incubation period of the virus. They were from the Philippines and Tunisia. , The United Kingdom and India arrived in Hong Kong; as for the other local sourceless case, it involved a 22-year-old man living in Hang Cheong Building, Sham Shui Po. The man was a construction worker who had worked at a construction site in Kai Tak. jobs.
Zhang Zhujun pointed out that the 22-year-old man became ill on September 24 and his close contacts need to be quarantined.
In addition, the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health has distributed deep throat saliva sample collection bottles to the residents of the building where the man lives.
The Chief Administrative Manager (Quality and Standards) of the Hong Kong Hospital Authority, Liu Jiaxian, said at the briefing that as of 9 am on the 27th, a total of 9 confirmed patients have been discharged in the past 24 hours, and a total of 4,786 confirmed and suspected new coronavirus patients have recovered. Discharged.
There are still 141 confirmed patients in 16 public hospitals, 11 of whom are in critical condition, 8 are in serious condition, and the remaining 122 are in stable condition.
In addition, the Chief Secretary for Administration of the Special Administrative Region Government Zhang Jianzong pointed out in a blog published on the same day that the third wave of the epidemic in Hong Kong has significantly eased, and the Special Administrative Region government has gradually and orderly relaxed and extended the current social distancing measures to October 1.
However, as the flow of people resumed, the citizens' awareness of epidemic prevention began to relax. He called on the citizens to take care of themselves, strictly abide by relevant laws and regulations, and emphasize that cooperation and self-discipline are the best epidemic prevention.
Zhang Jianzong said that the long holidays of National Day and Mid-Autumn Festival are approaching. While celebrating the festive season, citizens should remember to take preventive measures, avoid crowds, and continue to maintain personal and environmental hygiene.
He also emphasized that the SAR government will closely monitor the development of the epidemic, carefully assess the risks, and try to balance all parties, taking into account the economic impact and the public's tolerance, and also relying on the goal of not weakening the epidemic prevention and fighting epidemic. The SAR government will strive to implement the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao health code clearance plan as soon as possible to allow Hong Kong to start again; at the same time, it will seize this time and strive to better prepare for future epidemics and respond quickly at any time. (Finish)