Chinanews.com, February 24th. According to the Hong Kong Wenhui website, the Hong Kong Department of Health and the Hospital Authority held a briefing on the latest situation of new cases of coronavirus pneumonia on the afternoon of the 24th. Zhang Zhujun, director of the Infectious Diseases Division of the Centre for Health Protection of the Hong Kong Department of Health, said that Hong Kong had five new confirmed cases on the 24th.
Zhang Zhujun, director of the Department of Infectious Diseases, Centre for Health Protection, Hong Kong Department of Health, met with reporters. Picture source: Photographed by Mai Junjie, a full media reporter of the Hong Kong Grand Duke Wenhui
Zhang Zhujun said that there were a total of 79 confirmed cases in Hong Kong, and the 79th case was a passenger on the "Princess Diamond", which was negative during the test last week. Zhang Zhujun also said that all patients need to undergo 2 consecutive tests before being discharged, and the results are negative before being discharged.
He Wanxia, Chief Executive Manager (Patient Safety and Risk Management) of the Hong Kong Hospital Authority, said that five people were discharged on the 24th. Relevant departments have issued emergency response level allowances, and the guidelines are calculated based on the number of days employees have worked in high-risk areas, dating back to January 25.