Property Finder: March 2021 witnessed the largest number of ready real estate deals since June 2015

The first quarter records 11.7 thousand real estate deals in Dubai, amounting to 25.1 billion dirhams

Dubai Marina acquires 9.3% of sales of residential apartments.


A recent report issued by the real estate platform "Property Finder" of the "Property Finder Group" revealed that certain segments in the real estate sector in Dubai continue to break records since the second half of 2020, as March 2021 witnessed the highest trades in this regard.

The report of the platform, which counts real estate transactions on a daily basis, stated that March 2021 alone recorded 4,643 deals with a total value of about 10.93 billion dirhams, an increase of 22% compared to the previous February in terms of volume, and 47% in value.

First Quarter

According to the data, the first quarter of this year acquired 11,757 deals worth about 25.15 billion dirhams, resulting in an increase in real estate transactions of 6% compared to the last quarter of 2020, and a 16% increase in secondary real estate transactions, against a decline An amount of 7% in “off-plan” transactions during the same comparison period.

The first quarter of 2021 also witnessed an increase of 15% in total transactions, while secondary real estate transactions jumped by 70%, and 29% for off-plan real estate transactions.

Positive outlook

The director of research and data at the "Property Finder", Lynette Abad Sacheto, said that the increase in the number of real estate transactions on the map has exceeded 30% during the past two months, which shows a significant increase in investor sentiment and the positive outlook for the market.

She added, "We saw developers launch new phases within their current projects, especially in the (villas / townhouses) segment, which were sold within hours," stressing that individuals, end users and investors alike are returning to investing again significantly. In the future of Dubai.

Secondary real estate

On the other hand, the report showed that the total secondary / ready-made real estate transactions accounted for 63% during March 2021, while the remaining 37% went to “off-map” real estate transactions, so that March 2021 recorded the largest number of secondary real estate deals. / Ready made in one month since June 2015.

In terms of trading volume, the report revealed the circulation of 1713 properties with a total value of 2.91 billion dirhams in the market "on the map", at a time when the secondary market trades reached 2930 properties with a total value of 8.02 billion dirhams.

Compared with February 2021, the number of "off-plan" transactions increased in March by 37%, and secondary / ready-made real estate transactions increased by 16%.

The report, "Property Finder", indicated that the interesting factor last March was that the average value of real estate transactions "on the map" rose by 24.6% on a monthly basis, while secondary real estate increased by 21.5%.

In turn, the total value of real estate on the map, when compared between March 2021 and the previous February, jumped by 70%, while secondary real estate increased by 41%.

Sales of apartments and villas

The report notes that the highest percentage of total sales in the villa / townhouse sector in March 2021 took place in "Mohammed Bin Rashid City", with a share of 11.5%, followed by "Dubai Hills Estate" (10.1%), then "Nad Al Sheba." »(8.2%).

As for residential apartments, the Business Bay area recorded the highest percentage of sales transactions, accounting for 10.7%, followed by Dubai Marina, which recorded 9.3%, and then JVC (8%), while JLT recorded »7.6%, and« Palm Jumeirah »7.2%.

Search for «Villas / Townhouses»

"Property Finder" data showed that the areas of interest in searching for "villas / townhouses" last March focused on the areas: "Dubai Hills Estate", "Arabian Ranches", "Palm Jumeirah", and "Mohammed Bin Rashid City." And DAMAC Hills.

As for residential apartments during the same period, attention was focused on "Downtown Dubai", "Palm Jumeirah", "Business Bay", and "Jumeirah Village Circle".


Mortgage Finder, the independent advisory arm specializing in mortgages and part of the Property Finder Group, noticed an 85% increase in pre-approval requests for mortgages in the first quarter of 2021, compared to the first quarter of 2020, as well. The number of completed mortgages increased by 31% during the same comparison period.

Follow our latest local and sports news, and the latest political and economic developments via Google news