794 certificates of origin were issued during the first 10 months of 2020
411.4 million dirhams, members of the Dubai Chamber exports to Uzbekistan
Dubai Chamber: Uzbekistan emerged as one of the few places that challenged the effects of Corona.
Data from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry showed that the number of certificates of origin issued for shipments destined for Uzbekistan reached 794 certificates during a period of 10 months (between January and October 2020), with a value of about 411.4 million dirhams.
The data indicated that the value was recorded in October alone, at 114.5 million dirhams, with a focus on one group of products, including "phones for cellular networks", with a declared value of 102 million dirhams.
In detail, the latest statistics in the database of certificates of origin at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry revealed that the Chamber’s member exports activity in Uzbekistan gained great momentum during the first 10 months of last year despite the continuing burden that the Corona epidemic posed on commercial activity across the world.
The chamber’s latest data, of which Emirates Today obtained a copy, indicated the emergence of Uzbekistan in Central Asia as one of the few places that challenged the economic effects of the epidemic during 2020.
Certificates of Origin
Certificates of Origin
According to Dubai Chamber data, the number of certificates of origin issued for shipments destined for Uzbekistan last October reached 161, bringing the total number of certificates of origin issued during the period between January and October 2020 to 794 certificates, while in terms of value, the declared value reached For certificates of origin issued for shipments destined for Uzbekistan during a period of 10 months, about 411.4 million dirhams, as the value in October alone was recorded at 114.5 million dirhams.
Statistics indicated that there was a focus during the month of October on one group of products, namely “cellular phones,” with a declared value of 102 million dirhams, as this raised the group’s share of the total declared value of the Chamber’s members ’exports to 89%, while The remaining 11% was distributed among a number of commodities.
With regard to the group of machines and machine tools, the share of this category of products reached 2.5%, and it includes “digital self-processing machines”, “digital processing units”, “tools similar to taps, taps and valves”, and “parts of air pumps or vacuum pumps. , Air compressor parts or other gases ».
The group of machinery, apparatus and electrical equipment included a share of 2% of the total declared value. Exports under this group include “digital devices”, “picture or sound receiving and transmitting machines”, “microphones” and others.
As for cars, its share was 1.8%, as this group includes cars and vehicles and their accessories and parts, while children's toys, sports equipment, video games, and others acquired a share of 1.3% of the total value.
The Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry stated that the strong growth momentum and the largely un-diversified composition of Chamber members' exports to Uzbekistan indicate that there are still many opportunities that can be taken advantage of in the Uzbek market, whether in terms of diversification of goods or the volume of exports.
In this regard, the Chamber stated that it provides its support to those interested in exploring trade and investment opportunities in the Central Asian region from the Dubai business community, through its representative office in the Azerbaijani capital, Baku.
value was recorded in October, 114.5 million dirhams, with emphasis on one group of products.
Follow our latest local and sports news, and the latest political and economic developments via Google news