China News Agency, Beijing, August 12 (Reporter Zhao Jianhua) Faced with the impact of the new crown pneumonia epidemic, China has increased its tax and fee cuts this year. In an interview recently, Wang Jun, director of the State Administration of Taxation of China, emphasized that the policy of ensuring tax and fee reduction directly benefits market players.

  According to him, since the beginning of this year, the taxation department has implemented timely and comprehensive policies and measures to reduce taxes and fees. In the first half of the year, a total of 1504.5 billion yuan (RMB, the same below) was added in tax cuts and fees. Tax and fee reduction policies have been implemented in an orderly and forceful manner, and a package of assistance policies such as monetary policy have also been applied simultaneously. This is essential to the rapid recovery and development of China's economy. Not only has it alleviated the difficulties in business operations, but also strengthened the confidence in enterprise development, especially in stimulating the vitality of market entities and enhancing the stamina of enterprise development.

  For example, Wang Jun said that the data of 100,000 key tax source enterprises showed that the tax burden per hundred yuan of business income in the first half of the year dropped by 0.65 yuan year-on-year. The latest data released by the National Bureau of Statistics show that in June the profits of industrial enterprises under national regulations increased by 11.5% year-on-year. A considerable part of this factor is the direct or indirect conversion of the effect of tax cuts and fees.

  At the same time, of the more than 50 million small-scale taxpayers across the country, 92% of them are exempt from VAT. The remaining 8% of the 4.4 million taxpayers who pay VAT have dropped from 3% to 1%. Provincial exemption). This has stimulated entrepreneurial enthusiasm to a large extent. In the second quarter, the new market entities that have handled tax-related matters nationwide, mainly small and micro enterprises and self-employed, increased by 7.1% year-on-year.

  When talking about increasing the stamina of enterprise development, Wang Jun said that in the second quarter, the 330,000 enterprises that enjoyed the extra deduction policy for research and development expenses purchased high-tech equipment and services increased by 22.3% year-on-year, and continued to increase investment in technology amid the impact of the epidemic. Not only did it promote a 4.8% year-on-year growth in sales revenue, which was 8.9 percentage points higher than the national average, it also added a strong stamina for the high-quality development of the Chinese economy. At the end of June, general taxpayers of value-added tax increased by 10.9% year-on-year. That is to say, 1.06 million enterprises "from small to large" became newly established enterprises with annual sales income of more than 5 million yuan. Among them, there were 370,000 households in the second quarter.

  In an interview, Wang Jun emphasized that in the second half of the year, tax authorities at all levels must ensure that the reductions are in place, the exemptions are in place, the reductions are in place, the delays are in place, the delays are in place, and the reductions are in place. Retreat in place to ensure that every policy is implemented in detail, so that the "real money" of tax reduction and fee reduction will benefit the enterprise and the people, and better serve the "six stability" and "six guarantees" overall situation. (Finish)