Possible crisis wedding: Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank want to negotiate officially about merger
Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank reportedly set off official talks about possible merger.
According to information from financial circles, Deutsche Bank will soon announce the opening of merger talks with Commerzbank. This report both the news agency Reuters and the dpa with reference to group insiders.
About the recording of such discussions had been speculated in recent months fierce. Both banks have been in trouble for years - looking for ways out of the crisis. Politicians had also initiated discussions in the past about a merger of the two banks, especially the finance ministry of Olaf Scholz (SPD).
Unbelievable mega deal
Initially, Deutsche Bank did not want to comment on the information. At Commerzbank, no one was initially able to reach an opinion. Last weekend was leaked that the two bank chiefs Christian Sewing and Martin Zielke in a small circle talk about a merger of the two largest German private banks.
However, such a scenario is unpopular: Across all party boundaries, a majority of the population rejects a merger. According to SPIEGEL information, the employee representatives on the supervisory boards of the banks also want to vote against a merger.
- Financial industry: Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank want to talk about merger 1 month
- Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank: Amateur merger attempts 1 month
- Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank: Much criticism of merger talks 1 month
- Deutsche Bank confirms discussions for merger with Commerzbank 1 month
- Deutsche Bank: merger into the unknown 1 month