Sarang First Church in Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, which has received a decision to close the facility from the district office in charge, has decided to move to Gwanghwamun Square instead of the church tomorrow (22nd) to hold worship services.

In a message sent to reporters, lawyer Seong-hee Lee of Sarang First Church said, "Tomorrow's worship service will be held as a nationwide united worship service at Gwanghwamun Square at 11 am."

Lawyer Lee added that it is a way for members from all over the country to freely come near the square and observe the distance while walking and attending worship services on YouTube.

However, it added that the place and method of worship may be changed in consideration of specific circumstances such as police crackdowns.

The reason for not conducting face-to-face worship at the church was explained, "It is to respect the order to close the church and to see the results of the case of suspension of execution filed with the Seoul Administrative Court."

Sarang First Church was ordered to suspend operations twice while conducting face-to-face worship every Sunday for five consecutive weeks from the 18th of last month, after face-to-face worship was banned due to the fourth level of social distancing.

The church responded to the decision to close the facility, saying, "There has never been a single case of COVID-19 infection through worship."

At the same time, we also applied for a suspension of execution to suspend the effect of the closure order until the lawsuit is decided.

The National Revolutionary Party, headed by Senior Pastor Jeon Kwang-hoon of Sarang First Church, voluntarily conducts a one-man walking campaign in downtown Seoul, such as Seoul Station, Gwanghwamun, and City Hall, from 6 am to 6 pm, 'People's Walking Campaign for the Impeachment of the Moon Jae-in regime'. and they plan to repeat the same event every Saturday.

They previously held a 'walking movement' event in the downtown area of ​​Seoul even during the Liberation Day holiday.

The police see this as a modified one-person demonstration and are investigating the group organizers and major participants on charges of violating the Assembly and Demonstration Act and the Infectious Disease Prevention Act.