Yangzi Evening News (correspondent Liu Wei, Liu Juan, reporter Zhu Dingzhao) Holding a hairpin in his mouth and tying his hair with both hands, I believe that many girls do this when tying their hair. Little do they know that this operation seems to save trouble, but in fact it is invisible to girls. Bringing accidental injury, this is not. On the 29th, when Xiaoyue (pseudonym), a 4-year-old girl from Huai'an, operated her hair in this way, the hairpin with a length of 5 cm in her mouth slipped into her abdomen.

  Doctor, the child swallowed the hairpin!

On the morning of the 29th, the Endoscopy Center of Huai'an Maternal and Child Health Hospital received a patient, Xiaoyue, a 4-year-old girl, who was transferred from the emergency department. The child's mother, Ms. Liu (surname), anxiously asked the doctor for help.

It turned out that Satsuki tied her hair every morning when she got up. After getting up at 8 o'clock that morning, Satsuki used to keep the hairpin in her mouth to facilitate the operation with both hands, but the hairpin slipped into her belly.

Later, the imaging examination showed that the hairpin was near the pylorus in Xiaoyue's stomach, and the doctor suggested removing the foreign body through a gastroscope.

  After gastroscopy, it was found that the hairpin was lying flat at the bottom of the stomach, there was a lot of mucus in the stomach, and the hairpin was relatively smooth.

According to Li Jiangshu, deputy chief physician of the Department of Pediatrics of Huaian Maternal and Child Health Hospital, the doctor first used a snare to not cover it, and then pulled out part of the gas in Xiaoyue's stomach to make the hairpin stand up, and then used foreign body forceps to clip the foreign body out.

There was no obvious damage during the process, and the removal was relatively smooth.

  The doctor reminded that accidentally swallowing foreign objects is a common accidental injury in childhood. Parents must not take it lightly, and must diligently clean up small items.

Once it is found that the child accidentally swallows sharp or corrosive, strong magnetic high-risk foreign objects, such as magnetic beads, button batteries, etc., or fishbone, date pit, coins, etc. stuck in the esophagus, be sure to seek medical attention immediately.

Parents should pay special attention to the fact that some foreign bodies that are accidentally swallowed can be excreted with feces through the digestive tract, and some foreign bodies may remain in the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, etc., causing different clinical symptoms and complications.

It can be discharged on its own or needs endoscopic surgery, and the child should be taken to the hospital for further examination.

Keywords: