It was in the middle of the ongoing university entrance exam in the spring of 2018 that the police's national task force attacked the cheating league's liaison center in an apartment in Norrköping.

At that time, the Swedish Environmental Crime Agency and the police had been investigating and spying on the suspected men for a few intensive weeks.

According to the indictment, the university exam cheaters' activities had a turnover of at least SEK 12.7 million.

The evidence consisted, among other things, of finds in two bags that one of the main defendants had buried.

They contained a total of SEK 1.6 million and a USB stick with documents that listed customers' names, social security numbers and addresses, as well as the university entrance exam results ordered.

The district court's judgment was overturned

A first trial was held in Norrköping District Court at the end of 2018. The principals were then sentenced to between three and a half years in prison to six years in prison.

The verdict was then overturned by the Court of Appeal in the summer of 2019 after the lawyer was found guilty and the district court was thus allowed to repeat the entire hearing again.

Milder judgments

In September 2020, the district court's ruling finally fell.

The three designated protagonists - now 24, 26 and 29 years old respectively - received milder sentences this time, between two and three and a half years in prison.

They were convicted of aiding and abetting false declaration, a felony, and also of accounting and tax offenses, among other things, because they did not record and report the income from HP assistance.

The 29-year-old and 26-year-old were also convicted of money laundering.

Appealed by both parties

A 59-year-old man who had previously been sentenced to prison for a year and a half for having helped in the business was now given a suspended sentence.

A 34-year-old woman was also sentenced for money laundering to a suspended sentence and a fine.

The 23 examiners who used the cheating services received a suspended sentence and a fine for gross false declaration.

The district court's ruling was appealed by both the Economic Crimes Authority's prosecutor and the majority of the accused in the case.