The rescue service was able to extinguish the fire that probably started in a kitchen.

The alarm came at 09.30.

- There was quite extensive damage, especially in the kitchen area, says Thomas Åslin, internal commander of the rescue service.

The rest of the house had to be evacuated but the fire did not spread further from the apartment where it started.

Two people who inhaled smoke were taken by ambulance to medical care for control, but according to the rescue service's internal commander, there were no serious injuries.

The property with several other apartments will now be inspected, insurance companies will assess whether the residents in the house need temporary accommodation while the smoke is cleaned up.