Arab, Islamic and international reactions continued to the ongoing Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip, occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank, and Malaysia and Indonesia called on Saturday for the UN Security Council to intervene to save the lives of the Palestinians.
"We agreed with the Indonesian President (Joko Widodo) that the international community, especially the United Nations Security Council, should stop all forms of violence committed by Israel and save the lives of Palestinians," Malaysian Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said in a televised speech.
Yassin clarified that the UN Security Council has not yet issued any statement regarding the current situation in Palestine due to opposition from the United States.
US envoy Hadi Amr, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Israel and Palestinian Affairs, arrived in Israel on Friday, ahead of a session to be held by the UN Security Council on Sunday to discuss the situation.
The US embassy said that its envoy aims to "reinforce the need to work towards achieving a viable calm."
Earlier, diplomats said that the Security Council will discuss the situation in Palestine tomorrow, Sunday, and stated that the 15-member council held an unannounced meeting last week, but was unable to agree on a statement.
The Security Council will discuss the situation in Palestine tomorrow, Sunday (Reuters)
Meanwhile, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry discussed, in a phone call, with his Saudi counterpart Faisal bin Farhan, ways to end the military escalation in the Gaza Strip and resume peace efforts in the Middle East.
The talks touched on the accelerating developments of the situation in the Palestinian territories and the escalation witnessed by the Gaza Strip, and the efforts to deal with the situation to prevent matters from sliding towards further escalation and tension.
The two sides affirmed the continuation of consultations and coordination in order to end the military escalation on the Gaza Strip and prevent the deterioration of the situation into a comprehensive confrontation that would have dire repercussions on the overall regional peace.
For his part, Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi held Israel responsible for the escalation, "which must be stopped by ending its aggressions and illegal practices."
In a press statement, Safadi called on the international community to take effective and immediate steps to provide protection for the Palestinian people, explaining that the Jordanian efforts "are continuing to deepen the international movement pressing to stop the aggression against the Palestinian people."
The Arab League also called, in a statement, for the Israeli officials involved in the massacres against the Palestinians to be tried before the International Criminal Court.
The League condemned the Israeli war crimes and aggression against the Palestinian people, and all plans and measures of ethnic cleansing practiced by the occupation authorities, especially in the city of Jerusalem and its neighborhoods.
For her part, the Pakistani Minister of Human Rights, Shirin Mazari, objected, on Saturday, to the description of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, of the ongoing violence in Palestine as a "conflict", stressing that it is a "massacre carried out by the occupation forces."
Mazari said in a tweet on Twitter, Saturday, "With all my respect to the Secretary-General, this is not a conflict but a massacre by the occupation forces, and the United Nations needs to impose its responsibility to protect the Palestinian people from the terror of the Israeli state."
Yavuz Salim Kiran, Deputy Turkish Foreign Minister, also criticized the silence of the international community towards the Israeli attacks on the Palestinians, and asked in a tweet, "Since when was killing children in self-defense ?!"
On Friday, Guterres called for "de-escalation and a cessation of hostilities, in Gaza and Israel," and said, "A large number of innocent civilians have already died. This conflict can only lead to an increase in extremism in the entire region."
On Saturday, Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney condemned the Israeli attacks that killed many Palestinian children in Gaza in recent days.
"Israel has an international legal obligation to protect children in conflict and does not do so, and Ireland will speak strongly again at the UN Security Council tomorrow," the Irish minister said in a tweet posted on his Twitter account, commenting on the death of 10 family members in an attack on Gaza.
Commenting on the destruction of the evacuation tower, which houses media offices, White House spokeswoman Jane Saki said today, Saturday, that the United States has asked Israel to guarantee "the safety and security of journalists."
"We communicated directly with the Israelis to ensure that the safety and security of journalists and independent media is a primary responsibility," Saki wrote on Twitter.
In turn, the American Democratic Representative, Rashida Tlaib, said, "Israel targeted the media so that the world would not see the war crimes it is committing."
In this context, the United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Tor Winsland, expressed, on Saturday, shock at the killing of 8 Palestinian children in an Israeli raid on the Beach Camp in Gaza, stressing the need to stop "hostilities."
Tor Winsland said, in a tweet on his Twitter account, "I am shocked by the horrific incident that took place in the Al-Shati refugee camp following an Israeli air strike, in which 8 Palestinian children were killed."
Since Monday, Israel has launched an aggression with aircraft and artillery against the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, resulting in 139 martyrs - including 39 children and 22 women - and 1038 wounded, according to the latest statistics of the Palestinian Ministry of Health, and 15 Palestinians have also been killed in clashes in the occupied West Bank, in addition to hundreds. Of the wounded.