Nordhausen (dpa / th) - Three children aged ten months and almost two years and two adults were taken to hospital after a fire on suspicion of smoke gas poisoning.

A fire had previously broken out in the apartment of a 23-year-old in Nordhausen, the police announced on Wednesday.

When the tenant discovered the fire on Wednesday morning, she went outside with her three children.

According to the information, other residents of the house also left the building.

As a precaution, two neighboring houses were also evacuated.

In addition to the 23-year-old family, a 69-year-old resident was also brought to a clinic as a precaution.

The cause of the fire could have been the television in the 23-year-old's living room, according to the police.

However, the criminal investigation was still ongoing.

The apartment had become so sooty that it was currently not habitable.

The police estimate the amount of the property damage at several 10,000 euros.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210505-99-477393 / 2


Police notice