Leipzig (AP) - Julian Nagelsmann has denied rumors about possible contacts with Bayern Munich.
"There were and are no talks," said the trainer from RB Leipzig at the online press conference.
“That also applies to my advisors, of course.
You are not self-sufficient, but do things that I specify.
So there were no conversations there either. "
Record national player and TV expert Lothar Matthäus had declared after the Champions League out of Munich on Sky that Nagelsmann had already talked to Bayern.
"I don't know where he got the information from," said Nagelsmann.
The 33-year-old referred to his contract in Leipzig, which ran until June 30, 2023: “I have often said that there are often developments in football that cannot be foreseen.
I would never start a public battle through the media to box myself out of anything.
It always has to be right for both sides, but there were and are no discussions with RB or with Oliver Mintzlaff. "
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210414-99-201711 / 2
Data and facts about RB Leipzig on bundesliga.de
Information on the RB homepage
RB Leipzig on Twitter
RB Leipzig on Facebook
RB Leipzig on Instagram
News on the RB homepage