Aldingen (dpa / lsw) - A company building in the Tuttlingen district caught fire due to an excessively heated workpiece.

While trying to extinguish the fire, a worker was injured, the police said on Wednesday.

The officials put the damage at around one million euros.

In the morning, the fire broke out on a machine because a workpiece became too hot and there were flying sparks.

"This caused a fire in the exhaust system, which spread through a filter system to the roof of the company building," said the police.

The smoke had drawn over the community of Aldingen, which is why residents should keep windows and doors closed to be on the safe side, it said.

The fire brigade was able to extinguish the fire.

80 employees of the metalworking company were housed in another building.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210407-99-115617 / 2


Notification of the police