Zwickau (dpa / sn) - On Friday night, a retirement home in the Zwickau district caught fire and had to be evacuated.

As a police spokeswoman announced, the 20 residents had to leave the house in Limbach-Oberfrohna.

The extinguishing measures continued into the morning hours.

The police could not initially say whether people had been injured.

The property damage is also initially unknown.

The police suspect that the cause of the fire was a microwave oven that caught fire.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210319-99-884020 / 2