China News Service, Beijing, March 15. Many parts of northern China were affected by sand and dust weather on the 15th. Visibility was reduced, air pollution was serious, and passenger and civil aviation were blocked.

  According to the monitoring and evaluation by the China Meteorological Administration and the National Forestry and Grassland Desertification Monitoring Center of China, on the evening of the 14th, sand and dust originating in Mongolia moved south with the airflow to the middle and western part of the border between China and Mongolia. A sandstorm occurred in the evening of the 14th and other places. In the early morning of the 15th, the sand and dust affected the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei area, and then it will continue to move southeast, affecting Henan, Shandong and other places.

  A variety of high-impact weather occurred in Heilongjiang Province on the 15th, such as strong winds, blowing sand or floating dust, strong cooling, road icing, and phase transition of rain and snow.

  At 6 o'clock on the 15th, "Shenzhou Arctic" Mohe City, Daxinganling, Heilongjiang Province, began to fall snow. The snow was getting bigger and bigger. At the same time, there was 6 to 7 strong winds, road visibility decreased, and vehicles were driving slowly with double flashing lights.

The snowfall caused the temperature in Mohe City to drop by about 15°C, and the passenger transport lines from the urban area to the suburban villages were suspended.

  Jilin Province encountered sand and dust that day, the capital city of Changchun was dimly yellow, and rain mixed with mud fell.

The reporter learned from the Jilin Provincial Meteorological Observatory that day that there are generally strong winds of magnitude 5-6 in the central and western parts of the province, and the largest gust of wind in the urban area of ​​Changchun reached magnitude 7.

  Ningxia meteorological departments at all levels issued 11 orange warnings on the 15th to remind citizens to take precautions.

According to the China Weather Network, the air quality in Yinchuan was severely polluted at that time.

The reporter saw on the streets of Yinchuan that many citizens traveled "fully armed", masks and hoodies became "standard", and some women also wore gauze; the passing cars were also covered with a layer of sand.

  As of 13:30 on the 15th, the outbound flights of Shanxi Taiyuan Wusu International Airport were delayed by 8 sorties, 6 sorties were diverted to other stations, and 52 sorties were cancelled.

Beginning at 10 o'clock that day, Taiyuan Wusu International Airport was gradually shrouded in sand and dust. The maximum wind speed was 15 meters per second and the minimum visibility was 700 meters.


  (Participating report: Guo Jia, Yang Di, Jiang Hui, Yang Peipei)