Regensburg (dpa / lby) - A 46-year-old man in Regensburg sustained severe burns while cooking.

As the police reported on Thursday, the man's sweater caught fire on Wednesday evening when the 46-year-old was standing at the stove in his apartment.

A neighbor tried to contain the fire with water from a watering can.

The man then managed to take off the sweater.

However, the 46-year-old suffered very severe burns from the heat.

He came to a special clinic.

According to the police, there is currently no danger to life.

How exactly the sweater caught fire is still being determined.

The man himself has not yet been able to be questioned.

© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210304-99-687066 / 3