Erfurt (dpa) - A historian's commission should deal with the Nazi past of former judges of the Federal Labor Court.
The court president Ingrid Schmidt announced on Thursday when the annual report was presented in Erfurt.
An investigation order is now to be formulated for the commission, which is expected to be available in March.
The members have not yet been determined, as Schmidt said.
Experience from other courts with similar projects has shown that it can take two to three years before results are available.
The Nazi past of judges at the highest German labor court and their possible influence on the judiciary had sparked discussions in recent months.
The occasion was a report by the Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk (MDR), according to which a total of 13 judges with Nazi charges had worked at the Federal Labor Court from its establishment in 1953 to the early 1980s.
According to this, among them were lawyers who passed death sentences in special courts during the Nazi era.
Thuringia's Prime Minister Bodo Ramelow (left) had also spoken out in favor of coming to terms with it.
According to the annual balance sheet, around 2000 proceedings were received by the Federal Labor Court last year and almost 2300 were settled. Of the appeals and legal complaints, around 16 percent were successful for the plaintiffs.
On average, the completed proceedings took about half a year - according to the court, the lowest value since 2004. At the end of 2020, the federal labor judges in Erfurt were still around 1000 proceedings.
Schmidt said the corona pandemic made it clear that the digitization of the judiciary must continue to be driven forward with verve.
The electronic file will be established even more firmly at the Federal Labor Court.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210225-99-593538 / 2
Annual reports of the Federal Labor Court