Luxembourg (dpa / lrs) - Luxembourg will extend its measures to contain the corona pandemic until February 21.
Prime Minister Xavier Bettel announced this after a meeting of the government council on Friday.
The number of infections in the Grand Duchy has decreased.
In view of the new virus mutations, which are highly contagious, it is important to remain careful.
"It is not the time to relax."
In Luxembourg, the corona variant B.1.1.7 discovered in Great Britain has so far been detected in twelve cases.
Health Minister Paulette Lenert said that because of the corona mutants, higher numbers of infections should be expected again.
«The risk is real.
We cannot ignore that. "
It is difficult to say what the future will bring.
The number of infections is currently falling in Luxembourg.
In the previous calendar week (11 to 17 January), the number of new infections per 100,000 inhabitants was 137. In the previous week, the seven-day incidence was 165.
Gastronomy is closed in Luxembourg, there is a nightly exit restriction from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The following applies to contacts: A maximum of two people from another household are allowed to visit.
The retail trade has been open since January 11th under strict conditions.
Cultural institutions and sports facilities are also open with restrictions, and face-to-face lessons are offered in schools.
The so-called small border traffic with exemptions from the quarantine obligation for commuters should continue to exist, said Bettel.
This is in talks with the heads of government in Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate.
Lenert said that plans are being made in Luxembourg to be able to vaccinate a good 43,000 people against the coronavirus by the end of March.
The prerequisite is that enough vaccination doses are delivered.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210122-99-133279 / 2
Corona situation in Luxembourg