Monza, multiple prejudiced stabbed to death in the street
November 30, 2020 A 14-year-old and a 15-year-old were stopped by the Carabinieri on suspicion of attacking and stabbing 42-year-old Cristian Sebastiano yesterday in Monza.
This was confirmed by the Attorney of the Republic for minors of Milan Ciro Cascone.
One of the two allegedly told investigators that he did so "to punish them for dragging me into drug addiction", but the motive is currently still under consideration.
The two minors face a charge of premeditated murder.
The injuries were allegedly inflicted with a kitchen knife, according to the first forensic findings.
This is what emerged from the long interrogation of the two boys, both residing in Monza, which ended at dawn this morning.
The lightning investigations of the carabinieri of the provincial command of Monza, Investigative Unit and operational section of the Company, coordinated by the Public Prosecutor's Office for Minors, led to the 14 year old and the 15 year old through the testimonies and the meticulous analysis of the video surveillance cameras in the area.
The two minors already in the late evening yesterday were identified and taken to the barracks.
The motive for the crime is still being examined.
The hypotheses are an attempted robbery or retaliation for issues related to drug use.
The declaration of one of the two arrested, who allegedly accused Sebastiano of having led him to drug addiction, crystallized to be deepened.
Sebastiano, a multiple criminal convict, was killed as he was leaving his house, where he lived with his parents, to go and recharge his cell phone.
A difficult past, troubles with justice, the 42-year-old wouldn't even have time to react to the attack.
Surprised by the killer who stood in front of him, according to the first reconstructions he was repeatedly hit in the back, belly, face and neck, with a very sharp blade.
Two lethal stabs that would have severed the jugular, decreeing his end.
The killer would then vanish into thin air.
Now dying, his body was noticed by a passerby, who alerted 112. An ambulance and carabinieri from the provincial command of Monza rushed to the scene, but there was nothing for the man to do.
The family members arrived at the scene a few minutes later, recalled by the sirens of rescuers and police forces.
The man's own parents, in shock, told reporters that Cristian "was in the loop" but that he had no debts or unfinished business with anyone.
Shortly before leaving the house, his mother would have said that he wanted to go and check if the recharging of the mobile phone had been successful.
An autopsy was ordered on the body.