The latest poll on the island: Nearly half of the people in the Rakhine war between the two sides of the strait do not want to go to the battlefield
China Taiwan Net, July 21, after the Democratic Progressive Party came to power on the island, continued to promote the "Taiwan independence" line and advocated the island's young generation as "natural independence", which led to continued tension in cross-strait relations. However, a recent poll on the island shows that nearly 50% of the people interviewed said that if there is a war between the two sides of the strait, they are unwilling to go to the battlefield.
According to the latest poll by Taiwan’s "Dongsen News Cloud", if a conflict breaks out between the two sides of the strait, 40.9% of the people said they might be willing to let their family members go to the battlefield, but 49.1% said they were unwilling. The survey further pointed out that the cross-analysis results show that the demographic characteristics of the population willing to go to the battlefield are mainly males between the ages of 30 and 39 who tend to be greener in political parties.
In addition, the former leader of the Taiwan region Chen Shui-bian proposed a recruitment system during his tenure. After more than 10 years, the recruitment system in Taiwan has finally retired. It was changed to a recruitment system in 2018, and the number of troops has been greatly reduced. The survey results show that 50.8% “very agree” with the resumption of the conscription system, and 24.4% “somewhat agree” with it, for a total of 75.2%. Another 12% of the respondents "do not agree" with the resumption of the conscription system, 5.9% "completely disagree", and 7% "don't agree". (China Taiwan Network Li Ning)