A 29-year-old man filed a complaint Monday for "defamation" and "slanderous denunciation", his lawyer said on Tuesday after the dissemination of a photo relayed in particular by Marine Le Pen, presenting him as one of the "assassins" of the bus driver victim of a fatal attack in Bayonne.
A photo widely relayed by personalities of the RN
His photo was widely relayed on social networks, in particular by far-right activist Damien Rieu, president of the National Rally, Marine Le Pen or other elected members of the movement. All have since deleted their tweets.
The portrait of this young Bayonnais had been published as well as the face of one of the four alleged attackers, now imprisoned, a thirties suspected of having hidden the two potential perpetrators in his apartment in Balichon, the district of Bayonne, where the attack on Philippe Monguillot took place on July 5.
>> READ ALSO - Death of the bus driver attacked in Bayonne: "Justice will avenge me", believes his wife
Man repeats that he has "nothing to do with this story"
Threatened and insulted since, the complainant keeps repeating, in videos he broadcasts on the Snapchat social network in particular, that he has "nothing to do with this story". "We were shocked to see this photo of our brother, I had a stomach ache when I saw this. If it had not been swarthy, it would never have been taken again, it is political recovery, total manipulation, "protested the complainant's brother. He denounces the dissemination of his brother's face on "racist accounts".
The branch of SOS Racisme de Bayonne for its part announces that it intends to take legal action. "The family (of the young man, note) is completely stunned, it is catastrophic for him what is happening," said Monday Djamel Mohammedi, spokesperson for the association. Following the lethal attack on Philippe Monguillot, who died on July 10 at the hospital in Bayonne, four people were quickly arrested before being charged and placed in pre-trial detention.