The Taliban claimed responsibility for a car bomb attack that targeted the headquarters of the intelligence agency in the northern Afghan province of Samangan, which resulted in dozens of casualties between one dead and wounded, this comes at a time when other attacks shook Kunduz province.

Al-Jazeera correspondent said that the attack resulted in ten deaths and more than 50 wounded. For his part, the movement's spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, said that more than 60 people were killed and wounded, and medical sources said that more than 30 wounded were taken to the state hospital.

Al-Jazeera correspondent quoted a government official as saying that the attack was carried out with a car bomb, followed by a group of armed men storming the intelligence office.

This official explained that clashes were taking place between the gunmen and government forces in the vicinity of the Intelligence Bureau.

According to the Associated Press, the attack resulted in at least 43 wounded.

The district health director, Khalil Mossadak, said that 43 civilians and security forces were wounded in the attack, and that the number is expected to increase with expectations of deaths, noting that the majority of the victims are civilians, including children.

Afghanistan sees an escalation in violence (Reuters)

Violence escalated

The attack comes at a time of escalating violence in this country, and the United States is trying to push the government and the Taliban to peace talks to end the war that has been going on for more than 18 years.

The Taliban are active in that area, and their attacks have escalated recently.

On Sunday, the movement announced that it still had no alternative solution in Afghanistan but war.

In a related context, Al-Jazeera correspondent quoted a source in the Ministry of Defense as saying that 18 members of the government forces and four Taliban militants were killed last night in the districts of Imam Sahib and Shar Dora in Kunduz state in the north of the country in violent clashes between the two parties, and the Taliban have not yet commented on the incident.