In recent weeks, the Libyan government of Al-Wefaq government forces have managed to destroy a number of military sites and equipment and warplanes belonging to retired general Khalifa Hifter, while tightening their siege on the strategic patriot base. 

According to information gathered by the Anatolia Agency, the "Storm of Peace" operation launched by the reconciliation forces managed to neutralize a large number of Haftar forces, and to destroy 4 fighters, helicopters, two marching planes, and a large number of tanks, artillery, armored vehicles, and heavy weapons.

The government forces issued a statement on Wednesday evening confirming that its air force continues around the clock to carry out reconnaissance flights in the skies of Al-Wattia base and monitors all roads leading to the base, and it will target any attempts to infiltrate or supply or any mechanism that tries to go to it.

The statement issued its last warning to the forces affiliated to Haftar entrenched in Watiyah, saying, "War criminal Haftar and his sons do not deceive you ... and do not listen to their delusions." The statement pointed out that the government forces are completely determined to extend state control over the Al-Wattia air base and all of Libya.

Since the beginning of this May, the Al-Wefaq government air force has launched 57 raids targeting Haftar's concentrations at Al-Wattia base, according to data published by Operation Berkane Fury.

The Libyan government launched Operation Storm of Peace on March 25, after the increase of Haftar's attacks on civilians and infrastructure. 

Prime Minister of the Libyan National Accord, Fayez al-Sarraj, said that the Peace Storm operation would be a strong response to the terrorist terrorists.

Three fronts
The Operation Storm of Peace includes three fronts, which are the capital, Tripoli, Al-Wattiyah, and Buqrin.

Thanks to the field gains of Operation Storm of Peace, the Haftar militia was forced to withdraw south.

The Storm of Peace forces took control of the cities of Sorman and Sabratha on April 13, and the cities of Al-Ujailat, Mleitah, Zaltan, Rikdalin, Al-Jameel and Al-Asa the next day.

Thus, the government forces tightened their control over the entire road running from the Tunisian border in the west to the Bouqrin area to the east.


 Government forces continued to march towards areas under the control of Haftar militias, as they made new progress on April 18 by controlling parts of the city of Tarhuna, and neutralizing more than 100 Haftar members.

Hifter's fire

In exchange, Haftar's forces continue to target civilian neighborhoods, causing civilian casualties.

Haftar forces fired several missiles early Thursday at dawn on residential areas in the center of the capital, Tripoli, and a hospital, wounding 14 civilians.

A source at the Ministry of Health in the Al-Wefaq government said that Haftar forces fired several missiles that landed on the dermatology department in Tripoli Central Hospital located in Al-Zawia Street and the Al-Sour Road area, where fire broke out at a citizen’s house in the area due to the Haftar missiles.