China is witnessing an outbreak of the new Corona virus, as the number of deaths on Monday increased to 81, and the number of confirmed cases of the virus has reached 2744. The world is afraid of the outbreak of the Corona virus and its transformation into a global epidemic, so the countries of the world have taken various measures .. But how have the Arab countries dealt with it?
The following provides the latest updates on the actions of some Arab countries to confront the threat of the virus:
A Jordanian medical source announced on Monday that the Jordanian authorities had transferred a Chinese worker who came days ago from the Chinese city of Wuhan to the new Corona Virus Center to be quarantined on suspicion of contracting the virus.
"An 18-year-old Chinese worker was transferred yesterday (Sunday) to the health isolation department of Al-Bashir Hospital on suspicion of being infected with the Corona virus," Mahmoud Zureikat, director of Al-Bashir Governmental Hospital, told AFP.
He added that "the worker belongs to a Chinese company working in an oil shale mine in Karak Governorate (114 km south of Amman) and returned a few days ago from the Chinese city of Wuhan, and he suffers from some common symptoms between seasonal flu and corona, and he is under quarantine for 14 days and his condition is dealt with. According to the protocol for infection with corona virus. "
For his part, the media spokesman for the Jordanian Ministry of Health Adnan Ishaq told France Press that "the Chinese worker arrived in the Kingdom a few days ago from the Chinese city of Wuhan and was placed in quarantine yesterday as a precaution."
He added that "there are also three Jordanians who arrived today (Monday) from Jordan from Wuhan and were transferred directly to the quarantine precaution, until they were found to be free of diseases," stressing that these measures are now applied to those who arrive from China.
On Saturday, the Jordanian government confirmed that no new cases of the new Corona virus had been recorded in Jordan. Mr. Saad Jaber, the Jordanian Minister of Health, stated that the pre-prepared medical protocols were done to deal with any suspected case of this virus from the part of the trained medical personnel who are able to deal with this type of disease.
In turn, the Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed that no injuries were recorded among the Jordanian students in Wuhan, China, which numbered about one hundred students.
The Jordanian government had decided on Saturday to evacuate its citizens from the city of Wuhan because of the spread of the virus, and indicated that a plane will be sent to evacuate the Jordanian nationals present in Wuhan as soon as possible.
The Iraqi Foreign Ministry announced today, Monday, the allocation of a plane to transport Iraqi students from Wuhan. Today, Monday, the Health Department in Basra Governorate, Iraq, denied the truth about the rumors that Chinese workers were infected with the Corona virus in the south of the country.
On Sunday, the Baghdad International Airport administration took a series of preventive measures for travelers coming from China to Iraq by conducting a preventive medical examination to ensure that they did not contract the new Corona virus, and to prevent its spread inside the country.
The Ministry of Health of Iraq announced last week that Iraq is free from any infections of Corona disease that has recently spread to China, noting that all expatriates to the country from all countries, including China, are subject to examination at airports and border ports.
Palestinian Prime Minister Muhammad Shtayyeh said that no cases have been diagnosed with the Coronavirus in Palestine.
Shtayeh added - in a statement reported by the Palestinian News Agency - that the government raised the level of preparedness in the facilities of the Ministry of Health, and put a specialized medical staff in the Jericho lounge and crossings to check any coming from the countries where the virus appeared, indicating that preventive medicine cadres were equipped to deal with any situation .
The state-owned Algerian Airlines announced, Monday, the postponement of flights to China due to the Corona virus.
The Algerian Ministry of Health has also announced preventive measures at airports, ports, and border crossings, to counter any possible threat to the virus.
The director of prevention at the Algerian Ministry of Health, Jamal Vorar, said on Sunday that the Algerian community residing in the Chinese province of Wuhan (the epidemic center) is subject to health reservation procedures like millions of city dwellers.
He added that the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Higher Education are in constant contact with the Algerian diplomatic services in China, to search for solutions with the Chinese authorities for this community.
The Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced the start of returning families of Kuwaiti diplomatic missions in China from Sunday and maintaining the minimum level of diplomats and administrators, in a precautionary measure against the Corona virus.
On Sunday, the Minister of Health and Community Protection Abdul Rahman bin Muhammad Al Owais confirmed that his country was free of any cases infected with the new Corona virus, stressing that all parties had taken the necessary precautions to prevent the virus from reaching the country.
The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation also called on the country's citizens to postpone travel to China, except in cases of extreme necessity. The ministry called on Emiratis who are abroad to follow safety and medical precautions to keep them safe.
The Saudi Embassy in China, in a statement issued on Sunday, called on the Kingdom's residents and visitors to leave the country, in order to preserve their safety and that of their families after the continuation of the new Corona virus.
The embassy affirmed in a statement published by Saudi newspapers on its websites on Sunday that the decision to leave is optional, and it is directed to all citizens who wish to do so.
The embassy urged citizens outside China who wish to visit for any purpose, to be patient about this and postpone their visits.
In a related context, the Saudi Consulate in Hong Kong advised visiting citizens and residents to leave, and who wish to come to postpone, and called upon students studying to coordinate with the Attaché and not return until conditions improve.
On Sunday, Saudi Health Minister Tawfiq Al-Rabiah confirmed that no new cases of the new Corona virus had been recorded in the kingdom, and stressed that his ministry had implemented many strict precautions to tackle the virus.
It is worth noting that the Indian Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Vilamville Muraliharan said last Thursday that a nurse working in a Saudi hospital was the first Indian to be infected with the virus and said that she was receiving treatment in a hospital in Asir, in the southwest of the kingdom, and that she was recovering.
The Sudanese Foreign Ministry confirmed on Sunday that no new cases of the new Corona virus, which is circulating in China, were registered among the Sudanese community there.
She explained that the Sudanese embassy in Beijing closely followed the conditions of Sudanese citizens residing in the various provinces of China.
The Director of the Public Health Department in the Qatari Ministry of Health, Sheikh Dr. Mohammed bin Hamad Al Thani, said on Sunday that the State of Qatar has taken all precautions in this regard. He stressed that all agencies in the country have taken measures to prevent the disease from entering the country by installing thermal cameras at Hamad International Airport and distributing awareness messages to aircraft coming from China to urge travelers to monitor the emergence of any symptoms.
He pointed out that the measures of the Ministry of Public Health towards the virus may be escalated and increased if necessary, as the National Committee for Epidemic Preparation at the Ministry of Health meets continuously to assess the situation first-hand.
On Sunday, Syrian Health Minister Nizar Yazigi confirmed that no cases of Corona virus had been recorded in the country, pointing out that the ministry had taken all necessary precautions to prevent its spread in the country.
The Minister of Health and Population, Dr. Hala Zayed, confirmed that no cases of the new Coronavirus in Egypt have been discovered. Dr. Khaled Mujahid, Advisor to the Minister of Health for Media Affairs and the official spokesperson, said that the Minister reviewed the preventive measures that the medical team performs in quarantine, stressing the need to put "masks" for all the medical team and all airport workers as a precaution, and to follow all travelers by measuring temperatures and taking all preventive measures.
On Sunday, the Egyptian embassy in China announced the establishment of a group managed by members of the embassy to communicate with members of the Egyptian community in Hubei Province, central China, until the crisis of spreading the new Corona virus infection is over.
The embassy indicated that the number of those whose names and contact information have been compiled in the district so far has reached 315.
On Sunday, Lebanese Health Minister Hamad Hassan confirmed that no suspected cases of the new Corona virus had been reported in his country.
Hassan said, on an inspection tour of the Rafic Hariri International Airport in Beirut, where he was acquainted with the preventive measures to prevent the transmission of Corona infection, that these measures aim to prevent the crossing of any HIV-infected case and leave it untreated.
He assured the Lebanese citizens, "The situation is under control and there is no need to panic or search for additional tragedies and crises." Regarding the presence of Lebanese casualties in China, he said, "Until now, there is no information to that effect."
Morocco, West, sunset
In a statement on Saturday, the Ministry of Health said, "No suspected or confirmed cases have been registered so far."
"Given the recent developments of the global epidemiological situation, which is to confirm the emergence of cases in a number of countries, especially Europe, Morocco decided to activate health monitoring at the level of international airports and ports, to early detection any incoming case, and to limit the spread of the virus in the country."
On Sunday, Minister of Health Ahmed bin Muhammad bin Obaid Al-Saeedi held a meeting to discuss the Sultanate's preparations to confront the new Corona virus outbreak.
During the meeting, a public health emergency plan was discussed, the most important of which is the equipment and procedures used to inspect arrivals from the areas of the spread of the Corona virus in the airports and ports of the Sultanate, as well as the preparations of hospitals and health institutions to deal with any suspected cases of the virus, and also provide solutions and laboratory reagents in the Central Public Health Laboratory.