- Foggia, security measures strengthened for the Vigilante brothers and the Dia section arrives
- New attack in Foggia, the Interior Ministry sends an extraordinary police contingent
- Bomb in an elderly center of Foggia, save cleaning woman. Structure already the target of attacks
- Bomb in front of an Orta Nova shop: new attack a few hours after the demonstration in Foggia
- Mafia, eight thousand people march against Foggia in organized crime
- Foggia, bomb under an SUV: car owner denounced extortion
ShareJanuary 18, 2020 "The state deploys a task force against the mafia in Puglia". The announcement was made by the Minister of the Interior, Luciana Lamorgese, in an interview with the press in which she speaks of "an escalation that cannot go unnoticed. But I think - he adds - that it is a sign of weakness, not of force of crime. They have fear that things will change. " There will be twenty more investigators on the ground.
"The state - Lamorgese underlines - will do its part. On February 15 an operational section of the Dia, the anti-mafia investigative direction, will be inaugurated. There will be about twenty investigators. In the meantime, I have agreed with the Chief of Police, the prefect Gabrielli, whom we will send substantial reinforcements in the immediate future, to accompany this reaction and give a tangible signal to the community with the presence of the police force ".
The minister points out that spy crimes have fallen in Foggiano. "In two years - he says - the reports of extortion have decreased. Instead arson has increased. There is a problem of fear in citizenship. With calmness, we must reason about the interventions".