Today, Monday, the full nominations for the 2020 Academy Awards - presented by the American Academy of Image Arts and Sciences - announced the Academy Awards, which are recognized by all around the world as the most important and prestigious film award.
Oscars celebrate this year its 92nd year, when filmmakers around the world meet to choose and honor the best productions of the year, and awards gain their importance mainly as they come within the vote of a large number of filmmakers around the world, as they exceed 7 thousand members of the Academy, and their technical quality ranges between Actors, directors, writers, photographers, producers and other filmmakers.
Awards this year come to create a special surprise, as the nominations lead the movie based on comics stories (comics) - a movie "The Joker" - with 11 nominations, among them a nomination for the best movie, in addition to the best actor of Khokin Phoenix, the best director and the best scenario for Todd Philips.
The Joker is in the number of nominations, the movie "Irish" by the great director Martin Scorsese, with ten nominations.
The nominations for this year also carry a significant participation of the Arabs through the nomination of the two Syrian films "The Cave" and "To Sama" for the award for the best documentary film. The "Brothers" movie was also nominated by Tunisian director Maryam Jaabour, and a joint Canadian-Qatari Tunisian production of the Academy Award for the Best Short Film category. .
Below is a list of the most important Academy Awards for 2020.
the best movie
- "Jojo Rabbit"
- "The Joker"
- "Little Woman"
- "Marriage story"
- "Once upon a time in Hollywood"
- Antonio Banderas for the movie "Pain and Glory"
- Leonadro DiCaprio, for "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"
Adam Driver on "Marriage Story"
Joaquin Phoenix about "The Joker"
- Jonathan Peres, "The Popaway"
Best Supporting Actor
Tom Hanks for "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Anthony Hopkins, "The Popaway"
- Albachino, about "Irish"
- Joe Beachy, "Irish"
- Brad Pitt on "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"
The best way out
Martin Scorsese, "Irish"
- Todd Phillips on "The Joker"
- Sam Mendes from "1917"
Quentin Tarantino, for "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"
- Bong Joon Ho from "Parasitic".
- Sethia Revo on "Harlem's Movie"
Scarlett Johansson for "Marriage Story"
- Charlize Theron for "Bombshell"
- Sirsha Ronan, for "Little Woman"
Rene Zilliger on "Judy"
Best Supporting Actress
- Cathy Bates, for "Richard Joel"
- Laura Derne, about "Marriage Story"
Scarlett Johansson for "JoJo Rabbit"
Florence Bush about "Little Woman"
- Margot Robbie for "Bombshell"
Best global movie
- "Corpus Christi" Poland
- "Honey Land" Northern Macedonia
- "Les Misérables" France
- "Pain and Glory" of Spain
- "Parasitic" of South Korea