- Carabiniere killed, Elder's lawyer: "Withdrawn request for review"
- Rome. Carabiniere killed, Varriale a pm: Cerciello and I qualified
- Carabiniere killed, inspection of the two Americans in a hotel room. Lee Elder's father in Rome
- Carabiniere killed, Elder Lee refuses to respond to the investigating judge
- Carabiniere killed, Elder family: "We hope the truth will emerge"
- Carabiniere killed, Elder: "I was afraid of being strangled"
ShareNovember 14, 2019The Rome Public Prosecutor's Office requested immediate judgment for Finningan Lee Elder and Christian Gabriel Natale Hjort, accused of the murder contestation of deputy brigadier Mario Cerciello, which took place the night of July 26th.
The magistrates of Piazzale Clodio, coordinated by the prosecutor Michele Prestipino and the adjunct Nunzia D'Elia, closed the investigation.
The request for immediate precautionary judgment allows to skip the preliminary hearing coming directly in front of the Assize court.
The two suspects are challenged for attempted extortion, resistance to a public official, injuries and murder.
Cerciello was killed on the night of 26 July with 11 stabs in the attack in the Prati district a few hundred meters from the Le Meridien hotel where the two Americans were staying.
The vice-brigadier, that night, together with his colleague Andrea Varriale went to via Pietro Cossa to retrieve the bag that the two boys had taken away from Sergio Brugiatelli. Elder and Hjorth, after the theft of the backpack, had in fact organized a 'return horse' and told Brugiatelli to bring back money and drugs. At the appointment, however, the two carabinieri appeared and Cerciello died under the stab wounds of Elder.