- Syria, Di Maio: "Unanimous condemnation of the EU in Ankara and stop weapons
- Syria, EU: unanimous condemnation of Turkey but no arms embargo
- Syria, Turkish raids on a convoy of foreign reporters. Trump orders the withdrawal of 1,000 soldiers
- The conflict in Syria. Germany blocks arms sales to Ankara
- The Turkish military operation in Syria continues. Erdogan: if the EU hinders us we send refugees
- Syria, Di Maio: Italy blocks arms exports to Turkey
ShareOctober 15, 2019 The death toll from the Turkish offensive "is unacceptable" and is having "devastating humanitarian effects". Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio said this during the informative report in Parliament on the Turkish attack on the Kurds in the north-east of Syria.
"There is no military solution to the Syrian crisis, the invasion must stop. We told the Turkish ambassador to Italy." Di Maio summarizes the steps of the last few days and above all deals with the delicate issue of the stop to arms against Ankara.
It confirms the block for future sales but also opens up the hypothesis of a stop for those in progress: "In the next few hours we will formalize all the acts to block arms exports to Turkey and we will open an investigation for existing contracts".