"Unfortunately, many people have left Region Skåne and moved to staffing companies instead," says Carl-Johan Sonesson (M), who has been the chairman of the regional board for one year.
In the first half of 2018, SEK 75 million was used to hire doctors, this year SEK 100 million, an increase of 32 percent, compared with the corresponding period last year.
Nursing staff from staffing companies last year cost 65 million and in the year 104, an increase of 60 percent.
- Worryingly, the ambition must be to have as low a share as possible. Partly it is a waste of taxpayers' money and partly it gives worse care as it impairs continuity and reduces the chance for the patient to return to the same doctor on future visits, says Region Skåne's opposition council Henrik Fritzon (S).The union: "Charges other staff"
Staffing companies often attract staff with higher salaries and greater freedom for staff to choose when and where to work. The nursing association's Maria Buhre believes that even if the intake is necessary, it will burden existing staff.
- You get more colleagues to supervise and it does not make the working environment better.
Carl-Johan Sonesson (M) says the hiring was necessary.
- The reason we are high is because we had to use rental staff during the summer months so that we could have more care places open.Difficult to retain employees
That it is expensive and bad for the continuity is all agreed, yet they have not succeeded in reversing the escape from the workplaces and increased hiring. The opposition points to temporary pools that were built during their time in power.
- But these have now been put down which gives this effect, says Henrik Fritzon (S).
The current regional management emphasizes other measures to retain staff and make it attractive to become a permanent employee.
- We are trying to find a model to pay a little extra for those who are loyal to the workplace and are extra talented. And that there will be a greater individual wage spread, says Carl-Johan Sonesson.