"A fire with tragic consequences occurred last night in the Sagan-Nur village of the Mukhorshibir district in a five-story residential building ... Five fires were found during the fire, including two children," the statement said.
According to the agency, heavy smoke was observed in the apartment on the 5th floor.
It is noted that 22 residents of the house were able to evacuate on their own before the arrival of firefighters.
According to preliminary data, the emergency operation of electrical equipment could become the cause of the fire.
Major General Alexander Markov, the head of the regional department of the department, arrived at the scene.
Earlier, the Ministry of Emergencies called faulty wiring the most common cause of a fire in residential buildings in Russia.
In September, the FAN reported that in Russia more than 400 children die annually in fires.