"In the Odessa region, as a result of an outbreak of acute intestinal infection among people who consumed shawarma in the village of Avangard, Ovidiopolsky District, Odessa Region, 41 people were injured on September 3, 2019, including ten children," the press service said.
At the same time, 40 people were hospitalized, one of the victims refused hospitalization.
The department noted that 13 hospitalized found salmonella.
Currently, according to the results of the inspection, the Sanitary and Epidemiological Service suspended the work of the pavilion in which the shawarma was sold, and drew up a protocol on violation of sanitary standards in relation to the citizen who prepared the products.
Hospitalization of 31 people, including eight children, was previously reported.
A criminal case has been opened.