At least nine members of a FARC dissident group were killed in a large-scale military operation in a rural area of San Vicente del Caguán , the former bastion of that guerrilla in southern Colombia, the Colombian Ministry of Defense said Friday.
Among those killed in the operation, which included a bombardment and an air landing , is one of the leaders of that group of dissidents identified with the alias "Gildardo Cucho," said Colombian President Iván Duque in an act in the city. from Sincelejo.
It is estimated that about 1,800 people are part of the 24 groups of FARC dissidents who did not join the peace process and are engaged in drug trafficking and illegal mining , although so far they are not related to the former group leaders headed by "Iván Márquez" who yesterday announced that they return to arms.
According to the criteria of The Trust ProjectKnow more
Colombia The reinserted of the FARC speak, from the camp where Jesus Santrich disappeared: "While the Government is looking for you, here we continue working"
Colombia Former FARC leader Iván Márquez announces that he retakes arms
ColombiaIván Duque, on the return of the FARC: "They are a gang of narcoterrorists who have the support of the Maduro dictatorship"