Dinner to meet immigrants in Washington | NHK News
President Trump in the United States has set out policies to tighten acceptance of immigrants one after another, and the issue of immigration is one of the issues in next year's presidential election ...
Dinner meeting with immigrants in Washington on August 21 at 16:37
American President Trump has set out policies to tighten acceptance of immigrants one after another, and dinner is an opportunity to deepen exchanges with immigrants while enjoying cooking as the issue of immigration becomes one of the issues in next year's presidential election A meeting was held.
This dinner was organized by a Nigerian chef who was working to improve the status of immigrants and to help people who were born and raised in the United States deepen their understanding of immigrants.
On the 20th, a dinner held at a restaurant in the capital city of Washington was attended by about 20 people, including locals and immigrants from Asia and Africa.
Participants deepened exchanges by talking about their birth and exchanging contact information while listening to the cooked dishes.
Chef Tunde Wei, who hosted the dinner, said, “I want to fill in the gaps between people in different situations through meals. I want this dinner to be an opportunity to think about immigration issues.”
President Trump has been striving one after another to tighten immigration, while opposition parties are increasingly criticizing that these policies divide American society, and will move to immigration for next year's presidential election. The issue is gaining more attention as one of the issues.
- NHK Representative of the NPC Managing Committee “Anything available if armed police prepared” | NHK News 2 months
- NHK News for Party Fellowship for Congregation with Nationals | NHK News 2 months
- NHK News criticizing Korea's radiological inspection as “unfavorable” | NHK News 2 months
- NHK News Defense Minister Outlook for US Military Cooperation to Operate “Aircraft Carrier” Escort | NHK News 2 months
- GSOMIA Destroyed Korean News Coverage | NHK News 2 months
- NHK "TVer" to participate | NHK News 2 months